• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These will be my next cop if it isn't going to be too limited.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeh I've def come around to the Masterpieces. If I still played ball I would cop, but I probably won't cos I know I wouldn't wear them off the court. Still really dope though.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These will be my next cop if it isn't going to be too limited.

Should be a GR, no? What do you plan on rocking with them, brosef?

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It did jump, Chet. While not too much, the quality has gone down tremendously, ie the midsole on the 3s and 4s now crack because of the cheap paint instead of being dyed like the OGs that didn't crack.

The last pair of Jordans I bought, just a few months ago, ran me I think 160 on Nike.com. I know they went up another 10 or so since and that some releases are 200+. Still, it's surprising they haven't even kept up with inflation, especially since the demand is obviously high.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No need to keep up with inflation when you're retailing something for $140 and your cost per unit is $16.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Should be a GR, no? What do you plan on rocking with them, brosef?

Sadly, some are speculating Prelude numbers. The hi's, especialy with the multicolor flyknit are limited while the low top version (not yet revealed) are the ones that's a general release.

No need to keep up with inflation when you're retailing something for $140 and your cost per unit is $16.

Eh, got to keep in mind they also have to pay for researchers, new innovations, the machines for those new techs, sponsorships/endorsements, distribution, etc.... At the end of the day Nike still makes bank but it isn't as black and white or as simple as $16 for a pair of shoes.

Overall, probably more like $20 per shoe. :lol:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
need to find black terra arktos in a 13

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
post up fit pics want to see what they look like in the wild so i can cop the silver ones

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
really confused about id free run 3.0 (with 3.0 upper and sole) vs regular free run 3.0, former looks so much better online and not as anemic plus doesn't have the crazy slanted heel cup which i ******* hate on stock 3.0

dont know if i were to id a pair if they'd look like regular production 3.0, but i wouldn't pay 135 anyway (look so good though in all black with white sole)

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
damn son that looks great, like that colorway too

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wish i got the all white

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
camo one is pretty sick too hmm

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The last pair of Jordans I bought, just a few months ago, ran me I think 160 on Nike.com. I know they went up another 10 or so since and that some releases are 200+. Still, it's surprising they haven't even kept up with inflation, especially since the demand is obviously high.

Historically it makes no sense, lol.

Like you said most retros were $160. The 13s were $170 and 11s were $180 or 185 , can't recall.

The 13s retailed for $150 so that's not bad at all. The 11s were $125 so the jump is kinda big but all 11s sell.

I think $200 will be msrp for retros by 2020 if the Beanie Babies level hype still exists.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sadly, some are speculating Prelude numbers. The hi's, especialy with the multicolor flyknit are limited while the low top version (not yet revealed) are the ones that's a general release.
Eh, got to keep in mind they also have to pay for researchers, new innovations, the machines for those new techs, sponsorships/endorsements, distribution, etc.... At the end of the day Nike still makes bank but it isn't as black and white or as simple as $16 for a pair of shoes.

Overall, probably more like $20 per shoe. :lol:

I agree for new shoes, but for retros I don't think there's r and d involved other than remaking the mold.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads