• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those are pretty ugly. the color pattern totally makes them look like socks. i'm gonna stick to the flyknit ones

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the hype around the Flyknit technology? I like the free sole for athletic purposes and I'm due for a replacement for my free havens.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No I mean what's the like functional reason for it

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Flyknit is lighter and very well ventilated without sacrificing quality, the materials is really tough and doesn't feel like it going to fall apart or rip. It doesn't hurt that the shoe is just one of the best looking out there.

Fit is also great, it kind of mold to your feet, originally based on how a sock fits. It is meant to take the shape of your feet, of course this won't be the case for everyone since our feet aren't really shaped the same but they can also be steam fitted if you can find a store that does it, not really sure how many there are that do.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Oski

Reaction score
Hmmm, really thinking of picking up a pair of the black Flyknit Trainers that hit the restock. Or should I wait for them to hit discount? If they even get there...

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i was also thinking about picking up the black flyknit trainers that hit restock thing is how is it for walking and being on your feet all day? not running thing is $150 price tag i keep thinking i might as well go into the $300 range then.

do they hold up well or wear out fast?

thanks

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have no problem at all walking in them the whole day, as some said they have some heel rubbing problems but I never had it. These trainers are a big step up if you've been wearing CPs/Margiela or dress shoes/boots all week long. Ventilation is great too, perfect spring/summer. Trainers are more cushion than Racers so it'll be better for walking comfort, LunarOne+ also has better cushioning too.

Mine is holding up well, but I do have plenty of shoes on rotation but these are meant for running so I think occasional walking won't wear it out too fast.

As for waiting for it to go on sale, it's risky and I am not sure many sizes will get there. It isn't selling out as quick as it did before though so some might go on sale but it is no guarantee. Really up to you if you can drop $150 for some Nikes now.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads