1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. wj4

wj4 Senior member

When did you see them? I need to cop the gray ones for a bill. And I agree, I'm sure they'll hit the outlets in large amounts.

The Fly Knit Lunars feel a lot better than the Frees, definitely worth the $60 increase. Felt very stable at high speeds.

How did you dudes size your Fly Knits? I went 1 full size up since I wear thick socks with them. They feel great as is, and I'm hoping they don't stretch :foo:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  2. trig

trig Senior member

i find nike's training shorts to be a nice right at top of knee length height.

3. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I'm going to check out the Nike Running store tomorrow after lunch. Thanks!

4. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

did you see multi ones?

5. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

wj4 - I saw them at the outlet on Wednesday. I didn't see a pair of the all grey ones but they did have the grey with blue.

Omar1223 - No multis, just the ones that eastbay has on sale right now

1 person likes this.
  6. wj4

wj4 Senior member

What's the name of the outlet you went to, dude?

Also, did you observe FSR (full size run) or just broken sizes? I guess the more louder colorways are on sale now at various places, ie nikestore.com, eastbay.com for $130, and I'm sure the rest will follow. I'm going to give it a month or so before buying another pair. I hope they don't stretch since they fit really nice at the moment. Sizing is so comical on these...I've read people who sized down .5, went true to size, size up half or a full size, haha. (Fly Knit Lunar).

7. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

It was the Johnson Creek Premium Outlet's in Johnson Creek, WI. They didn't have a ton of the flyknits, but there were maybe ten or so pairs in my size (11) and I noticed walking down another aisle that they had a comoprable amount in 10.5 so I'd imagine they had some in all sizes.

1 person likes this.
  8. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Anyone have any suggestions for a women's running/training shoe for a picky (read: pain in the ass) wife? Here are her requirements:

Must have lunar sole
    Lightweight and packable
    Can hold up to semi serious training
    Stylish - can also wear around town without looking like a goof - sort of a casual+training shoe that can be the one thing she packs on a trip
    No flyknits. Don't ask me why :fu:

For reference, she currently trains in UC Lunarglides and likes them a lot. She asked me to find something more stylish than those...any thoughts?

9. jet

jet Senior member

10. cloonz

cloonz Senior member

She is looking for a shoe that I don't think exists. Her options are to get more Lunarglides, start liking Flyknits, switch soles, or wait to see if anything good is coming out.

11. TC1990

TC1990 Senior member

lunarglide 5

@HRoi

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  12. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Maybe search around online for one of the old lunar montreals? They haven't made them for a while so it might be tough to find a pair in an exact color and size.

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

will look for the Montreals. never heard of those. or another color way of the glides...

this is pretty much what I've been telling her :fu:

14. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Not really sure what she would consider "stylish" but there aren't many Nike training shoes with Lunar sole, especially for women. Depending on her foot size though, check out Mens Lunar Edge 15, the grey/volt colorway might pass as "stylish" to women?

Specific womens Nike though, I'd just suggest LunarRacers 3, again it really depends whether she finds them stylish or not but that is a good option for her to check out.

If you can somehow convince her to try free sole, the Free Bionic and Free Advantage 2 are Nikes women specific training shoe that I think is meant to be "stylish" as well as functional. It depends on how much running she does though, might not be suggested for long range runs.

15. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

i usually get my dri-fit from marshalls and have never felt a difference between stuff i bought from nike. all the stuff has held up equally well and performed the same.

16. wj4

wj4 Senior member

How's the selection there? I used to lurk the Ross, TJ Maxx, etc years ago for fitness gear and never found anything that's not a super large size. I used to go to the outlets after that and realized the savings were minimal, $5 or $10 off a $45 or $50 top but the colors would be wild as heck.

After going to Nike Running at the Grove in LA and Nike in SM, I settled for the training shorts. Inseam is 10". I'd prefer 8 or 9" but they're alright.

I shouldn't have ever come into this thread. Wallet is lighter now as well, haha.

17. ChetB

ChetB Senior member

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  18. Omar1223

Omar1223 Senior member

the selection is solid. sometimes it is hit or miss. i usually go to outlets for shorts and get shirts and compression shorts from marshalls. the outlets in md have both crazy colors and some whites, blacks, grays, etc.

+1 on this thread man, between this and epaulet. im going to be so broke, lol

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  19. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I buy my drifit stuff at the rack. Decent selection. I'm not too picky though.

20. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Wj4. Eastbay has a 20% off everything coupon now. They have wolf greys in stock.