1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Speaking of collecting. :facepalm:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Jesus. One of the kids in my class this year is like this...and then there are 20 others who try to be, but just can't...its all about having the cash...look at where that kid lives. The kid who is the big time sneaker head comes from money, they kids who can't get in on the game but want to, don't. Just like life I guess.

3. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

I love that they say "their own money", yeah right.

1 person likes this.
  4. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

lol. starts with "he makes purchases with his own money", and then goes to a shot of him in a big house in the burbs with his 27" imac and gets into the back of his dads audi...

5. jet

jet Senior member

haha i had a friend like that in college, he wasn't rich or anything nor did he collect sneaks but he'd be like i paid off my credit card and i'm like ya with the allowance you get from your dad right? :lol:

6. thenewjs

thenewjs Senior member

I thought that was the old nightline vid. Thats recent as last week.

At 32, I have had step back. I cant be associated with what lil boys are doing.

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Not that different from what goes on in SF, amirite? I mean, spoo bought a Ferrari from flipping swag of a different nature.

Although I'm skeptical that this kid's strategy will always result in a profit...he's reselling from a reseller most of the time, unless he keeps finding idiots who always sell below market value

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

RE: resellers and sneakers. I'm not mad at them one bit. I did it a bit in high school and college. There were a handful of OG cats who paid for their college tuition via reselling. The worst I've seen was a scuffle at NTLA during the Espos and Pharrell Dunks in 2004. Came back empty handed too.

It's been getting too serious in the last years with kids getting stuck up and even worse, killed.

9. trig

trig Senior member

i just wish nike/jordan would make more shoes of the pairs I do want so that it wasn't so difficult.

i only have an issue with the resellers that buy to make like $20 bucks after ebay fees, that's when it's annoying.

10. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

the foamposites are horrible.

The best thing about this is there are some great shoes that you can get on sale since all the kids are looking for the limited stuff.

the dunks that just came out in the jordan bred and blue/black colors were an awesome buy. They look like the jordans and have the same silohuette and nobody knows until they really looks at them.

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I really think Nike is trolling these sneaker heads with some of the crap they are releasing

And it's hilarious that these "yeezys" are getting so much money on the resale market. Easily the worst looking sneaker design I've seen in the last 15 years

12. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

:puzzled:

1 person likes this.
  13. ysb

ysb Senior member

Looks like the multicolor FK Lunar1's are starting to hit boutiques and ebay (at a $100+ premium).

I'll wait for general release, I think it shouldn't be too hard to find if you jump on it.

14. GraphicNovelty

GraphicNovelty Senior member

15. jet

jet Senior member

wow horrid

3 people like this.
  16. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

Agreed. Really excited for a pair of $150 socks...

17. GreatHighway

GreatHighway Senior member

I WAS excited. not so much after seeing those

1 person likes this.
  18. TC1990

TC1990 Senior member

that's the flyknit free hyperfeel, not the free run that we've seen in blue and volt

1 person likes this.
  19. brianoh

brianoh Senior member

20. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

^A couple sizes are back up on RRS. FSR of the whites back up as well. Both for 7/22 delivery.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013