• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

imperium6

Reaction score
The boots are not a whole size bigger I have a pair of us 11 uk 10 euro 44 and I'd say they were a half size bigger ie uk 10.5. I wear a thick sock with uk size 11 cheaney / mcnairy and these are dress sock boots.

Last edited:

wms68

Reaction score
Some latest instagram updates on Lybro / HK - so do seem to be highlighting that although fabrics for Lybro are Japanese/British, they are put together in HK Factory.

https://instagram.com/p/9H8cB3Nwhg/
"Just arrived HK this morning working this afternoon on new Lybro W16 first proto samples! Big job this coming season as making Lybro stand alone collection of 25 pieces made in British and Japanese fabrics."

https://instagram.com/p/9KxdPGtwqM/
"Kyle and myself at HK factory today working on all new W16 styles"

Werder

Reaction score
Anyone know how the Cabourn x Red Wing Munson boots fit? Are they actually a size bigger than marked? Size comparisons with other common brands?

I have owned the Munson boot for about two years now and i actually had a big issue with them. I dont know too much about shoes in general, but somehow these shoes are "coloring" my socks and have a bad smell to them which is still there after long time. I dont know the reason for this, but i have been speaking to Red Wing about the problem and they could confirm that there has been a problem with the the munson boot regarding this issue and they actually offered me my money back for the shoes. Kudos to them! I also contacted Cabourn and guess if i got any reply? none!

The shoes are indeed beautiful but this was a big drawback for me so just wanted to tell you about it so that you know! :)

imperium6

Reaction score
Odd mine don't have that issue they are the dark brown version I've had them for a while but I'm a bit of a fuss with shoes I rotate their wear, never 2 days in a row, shoe trees etc. For redwing to turn around and offer that I'm guessing that there was a storage or production issue with a small batch that they are well aware of not heard of it before but happy (or in this case unhappy) to be proved wrong.

Last edited:

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Can't see, on the new site, where previous collections / sale items are like the site before had ...

flumestory

Reaction score
Nice looking layout but unusable. The shop links and the menu don't react to touch on my ipad2 iOS 7.1.2 Chrome or Safari. The previous site worked. It would be nice if vintage machinery could be used to access a website related to vintage clothing... but maybe a blessing in disguise for me.

If anyone's been looking for the aw2012 crazy Mallory in size 48 I'm willing to let mine go with reasonable price. Worn maybe twice outside.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hill-Side's new sneakers look an awful lot like Cabourn's Bosey boot. There was even hype about them being all-weather Ventile sneakers.

Last edited:

jacksonn

Reaction score
Went to Army Gym last weekend. Liked the Authentic stuff very much but wasn't too impressed with the Lybro. Material a bit clunky. The grey Cameraman was very nice up close compared to the pictures, and there are some great Mallorys in there. Sweaters were excellent. The member of staff, who I've not seen in there before, wasn't good. Private conversation with a friend the whole time. They've been excellent on previous occasions though - he could have been a stand-in.

Enjoyed a visit to Real McCoys, too.

Best of all was a visit to Levison's vintage, as seen on NC's instagram feed. This shop is brilliant. The owner knows every piece inside out and is great to talk to - and it's easy to see where Cabourn gets a lot of inspiration. For example, there was a government issue jump suit with asymmetric zip just like the Canadian jacket. The French workwear items he has were very like Lybro in design. It's basically a shop full of proto-Cabourn.

Last edited:

Phil McCrackin

Reaction score
Far too long for me, a Cameraman is about as long as I like a coat ..

WDD_Blog

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads