• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Ben Fogle likes his yellow jackets

Seen here on ITV now in Harbour Lives wearing a SS11 yellow oilcloth Surface Jacket

Have to say that I love my surface Jacket. I sometimes wish it was still a vibrant red but I've battered the hell out of it. Took this the other day just as it was about to pour down.

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Anyone looking for a raw yellow SS12 Cameraman in 52? Brand new and unused example available. PM me.

This is such a great jacket too. I threw up a picture in one of the EG threads of when I was trying to layer mine in April when it was still bitterly cold and I was trying to channel a little sunshine. Now that summer is sort of here it looks amazing when the sun shines on it. I'll try and get a pic in the sun sometime but here's the other picture.

WDD_Blog

Reaction score
This is such a great jacket too. I threw up a picture in one of the EG threads of when I was trying to layer mine in April when it was still bitterly cold and I was trying to channel a little sunshine. Now that summer is sort of here it looks amazing when the sun shines on it. I'll try and get a pic in the sun sometime but here's the other picture.

It sure is. The combination of the yellow Mackintosh upper and the cream Irish linen bottom is sublime. Oddly, no one has contacted me yet about the one going spare (and it's priced to sell).

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
Chuffed to bits - just washed my SS11 linen Work Pocket jacket and matching Hospital Waistcoat on a 40 degree wash and its shrunk beautifully to were it fits absolutely spot on

These were the only 46's outside Japan and they were in Selfridges London at the time, I have given them lots if wear over the last couple of years but always conscious that they were quite big for 46's - more like a 48

This just gives them a whole new lease of life

Can't wait for them to dry

cephalopod

Reaction score
I ordered the Orange Sealed Aircraft Jacket on Wednesday and it arrived the day after but I received no indication that it had been shipped. I emailed them Friday morning as they say they need to contact you before you can return anything and I haven't heard anything back yet.
Had the exact same experience. Received items quickly but with little notification other than payment acceptance.
Still waiting for confirmation that I can return an item and the 14 day return period will expire before they do.

Morph

Reaction score

Chuffed to bits - just washed my SS11 linen Work Pocket jacket and matching Hospital Waistcoat on a 40 degree wash and its shrunk beautifully to were it fits absolutely spot on

These were the only 46's outside Japan and they were in Selfridges London at the time, I have given them lots if wear over the last couple of years but always conscious that they were quite big for 46's - more like a 48

This just gives them a whole new lease of life

Can't wait for them to dry

That's interesting, I bough the jacket and the pop over shirt in a 50 and the short zip jacket in 48. Was going to get the jacket altered as its slightly to big and the pop over shirt is huge. The 48 jacket is spot on. Zip jacket might get dry cleaned only and hopeful the other 2 will be a better fit when washed. Does anyone know if the selvedge work jeans from last year also shrink and if so by much?

Last edited:

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score

That's interesting, I bough the jacket and the pop over shirt in a 50 and the short zip jacket in 48. Was going to get the jacket altered as its slightly to big and the pop over shirt is huge. The 48 jacket is spot on. Zip jacket might get dry cleaned only and hopeful the other 2 will be a better fit when washed. Does anyone know if the selvedge work jeans from last year also shrink and if so by much?

Just to let you know the label in both did say wash at 30 degrees but I did want a shrinkage so washed at 40 instead but I've got a feeling even at 30 it would have shrunk

It's a bit difficult to translate how it might effect other garments because these are linen with a denim type weave

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had the exact same experience. Received items quickly but with little notification other than payment acceptance.
Still waiting for confirmation that I can return an item and the 14 day return period will expire before they do.

I ordered the Orange Sealed Aircraft Jacket on Wednesday and it arrived the day after but I received no indication that it had been shipped. I emailed them Friday morning as they say they need to contact you before you can return anything and I haven't heard anything back yet.

Thanks for the info lads. I shouldn't need to return anything since I know my size in them. It'd be easier just to resell them for me.

Benecios, change your mind on the Aircraft Jacket?

It sure is. The combination of the yellow Mackintosh upper and the cream Irish linen bottom is sublime. Oddly, no one has contacted me yet about the one going spare (and it's priced to sell).

It was the jacket that introduced me to Cabourn and I still love it. As Nick said, the styling details are sublime. Out of all the Cameramen I've ever seen, and I've probably seen them all, it's still easily my favorite. I even have a spare in case something happens to mine.
shog[1].gif

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will wait until next weekend, if I haven't heard anything I'll return it anyway.

benecios

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Benecios, change your mind on the Aircraft Jacket? 

Yeah, it's a little on the big side and I wasn't crazy on how it hangs in the neck area.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know if the selvedge work jeans from last year also shrink and if so by much?

The cotton/linen blend SS12 ones shrunk about 1/2" in the waist and length after the first wash, no further shrinkage on subsequent washes.

Arizor

Reaction score
Not tried it on, but agree it looks great.

I've just received the chambray medical shirt: wow, what quality, and for a bargain price (in terms of Cabourn…).

Also received the Converse x Cabourn Bosey boot in olive. Really like it, but may have ordered half a size too small (9.5). Anyone have experience with them? Do they stretch at all? It's not uncomfortable, just slightly tight at the end.

edit: Ok are walking around the house, definitely too small for me. I'm putting them up on sale at a discount, if anyone wants these in 9.5 let me know.

Quick fit pic:

edit 2: medical shirt fit pic, much happier with this fit!:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads