• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw it yesterday and would have totally bought it if my size - I've been lusting after this parka for a couple of years

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm usually pretty good at grabbing Cabourn at good sale prices, but I failed with the linen Mallory. A certain shop offered me 20% off on it, and then promptly dropped it to 30% off after I bought it. Now, it can be found fairly readily at half off. Oh well...

Yeah that is kinda crappy. You think of the money you could have saved on that purchase to use for your next. I think cabourn SS stuff doesn't move as quick as their FW line. Either way if you are happy with the garment that is all that matters at the end of the day.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not that big of a deal, really. If anything, it will prevent me from buying from that shop again, especially after other problems that I have had with orders. I'm at the point where I really don't buy much except from grail items (of which I have none at this point, except for perhaps a Himel Bros Heron) or something that really catches my eye (again, not much at this point), so paying a little extra for one item doesn't cause much pain. Frankly, I was surprised by how poorly the linen Mallorys seemed to sell this season. Several are still sitting around at half off.

nixda

Reaction score
http://mohawkgeneralstore.net/designers/58-nigel-cabourn
Store in my neighborhood has their 5 Cabourn items at about half off, including an overcoat
Yeah, I bought the Merz short sleeve Granddad Jersey from them. A bit disappointed in how large it is (body and length) even though I bought the same size as all my other Cabourn pieces. Even after washing it. It's a nice piece, but definitely not worth full price.

NeilChristopher

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought the Merz short sleeve Granddad Jersey from them. A bit disappointed in how large it is (body and length) even though I bought the same size as all my other Cabourn pieces. Even after washing it. It's a nice piece, but definitely not worth full price.
Hello

I know the Merz men, there collection is beautiful, well worth checking out, I have to say there factory is AMAZING. there organic and dead stock cottons are so much nicer better sizing too....

Neil

nixda

Reaction score
Hello

I know the Merz men, there collection is beautiful, well worth checking out, I have to say there factory is AMAZING. there organic and dead stock cottons are so much nicer better sizing too....

Neil
Sorry if I gave a negative impression. As I stated, it's a nice piece. I think the Merz prices themselves are much more palatable than the NC x Merz. ;)

NeilChristopher

Reaction score
Hi

Did not read it as negative just as it goes there Co-Lab is priced a little up, just the way some co-labs go, but I just really like there products, in fact I have a fair few of them, wear them as much as I do our own stuff. Peter (the designer/owner/maker) has the best job in the world, a great respect for the garments and the machines that make them, a really nice person and so unaware of the wonderfulness of his garments. no ego there, all product and love for the processes.

There site is great too

http://www.merz-schwanen.com/en/history/

all about the garments and the history of it.

thank you

Neil

nixda

Reaction score
Thanks Neil.

Yeah, I've checked out the site. Love those circular weaving machines. I was born and raised in Germany, so I have a bias toward German products as well. :)

Biggen

Reaction score
Just received my cameraman from yoox, the semi-lined thing just meant that the tweed part was lined not, the mackintosh part. The fit is fine but I discovered an anti-theft tag in one of the air holes near the pit. Waiting to hear back from yoox about how to get that fixed.

Last edited:

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lncc have 70% off. Cameraman is 388 euro and orange surface jacket is 250.

Betcha I know Mr. Morph's latest purchase.
smile.gif

Last edited:

Morph

Reaction score
I did buy a yellow cameraman and green drill jeans. Cameraman is been put away for a rainy day. I still have the beeswax from a couple of seasons ago. To be honest it did not wear the best. Beeswax thinned fairly badly and cotton is impossible to keep clean. Does any one have that version and if so any tips for cleaning.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads