Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Hello sir. I was wondering if you could do me a favor. I'm on my iPhone right now and so for some reason I'm having trouble navigating the yoox site, But I was wondering if you could look at that coach and tell me the size translation. I am seeing size 40 and size 44, but do they really mean sizes 50 and 54? I clicked on info and couldn't find anything. Anyway, sorry to bother you, but I was just hoping you could help me out.

2. irbe

irbe Senior member

This is from the FW11. I got it from TBS for around 450. Love the jacket. Its NOT lined. Yes my shoulders to get cold, but the mackintosh is great at blocking the wind. I think tho his a great jacket fall before it gets really cold where I have to bust the down.

3. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

Yes it's 50 and 54. Says in the description that it's unlined. Found another one in size 52 that they say is semi-lined, ordered that one so will see in a few days if it fits me and if that one is lined.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012

4. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Nevermind not my size thanks.

5. Morph

Morph Well-Known Member

I have that jacket and its from a/w 2010. Herringbone Harris tweed and its unlined. The colour way was called army. As for sizing at 40 is a us 50. Great price

6. slide13

slide13 Senior member

not sure whether I'm incredibly disappointed or relieved that the 52 and 54 are sold out. Pretty sure 50 would be too small (anybody have p2p for that size?). Don't really have an extra $500 to spend right now...but I've been wanting a cameraman for a while and would have had to have found a way to make it work.

7. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

They're all gone, and thank god, because I was about to buy the 40, but it's clear to me now I didn't really want it.

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

Haha, isn't it funny how that works?

9. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

^ It's brutal. I am always aware of it even when I'm in the throes of now-or-it's-gone-forever urgency, but that's like saying you are intellectually aware your body doesn't actually need to eat when you are famished and feeling hunger pangs. It's a hell of an undertow.

10. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

I ended up grabbing the 40. Thank you so much to whoever posted that! I've actually been watching that coat at a Danish website for a good month now, but the price never moves and I never get a discount code via email from them. On top of that it was probably 40% more than what that coat on UX cost. By the way, it's so weird with uX because every time I go to their site I never see the coat. In fact I went to their site not through that link, and the coat didn't come up when I did a search for cabourn. Now I just hope it fits like this Spring edition that I just got, but I know I've checked ends website before and the fit was the same according to the pit to pick measurements. Anyway, cheers again to whoever posted that. And cheers to whoever posted the size conversion for me since I couldn't pull it up on my phone.

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

^glad you got it. Yoox mobile tends to not show a lot of stuff, and you can't apparently switch to the main site on a phone :fu:

12. Morph

Morph Well-Known Member

BLAUGRANA I have the same 2 cameraman in the same colour and the fit is the same. Photos do not do the Harris tweed justice. You are going to be very pleased when it arrives. Thats 2 cameraman jackets in 2 weeks, you might want to slow down.

13. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

For starters, thanks again for posting this. Second, as somebody else said, at least you got your size. At the end of the day if you truly love the coat and plan on keeping it "forever", then don't dwell on it and just enjoy the coat. At the end of the day you just learn from your "mistakes".

Quote:
    Thanks again. I had assumed and just sorted it out on my own before you posted it. I get poor reception on the iphone in the office from time to time and had to borrow one of my manager's iPad. IIRC adding it to my cart triggered the site mentioning that it was a 50 in IT sizing.

Quote:

Yeah, like I said earlier I'd seen it a Danish site and it looks great. I'd also done my homework on fit so it was just a matter of when and if I could pull the trigger. No way I was passing up this deal.

I know, I know. Trust me, I'm pretty much done for now.

14. irbe

irbe Senior member

15. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'm usually pretty good at grabbing Cabourn at good sale prices, but I failed with the linen Mallory. A certain shop offered me 20% off on it, and then promptly dropped it to 30% off after I bought it. Now, it can be found fairly readily at half off. Oh well...