• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
still toying with getting a tweed vest but unsure on sizing. Has anyone got one to confirm whether they're as small as End suggests? I'm a 52 in everything I've bought from NC but can't see a vest of 21" p-2-p being large enough.

nixda

Reaction score
still toying with getting a tweed vest but unsure on sizing. Has anyone got one to confirm whether they're as small as End suggests? I'm a 52 in everything I've bought from NC but can't see a vest of 21" p-2-p being large enough.

As mentioned before, I'm a 50 in all my Cabourn pieces, except the mallory and vest. I'm a 52 in those. YMMV though.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score

Yeah, I'm puzzled by dope-factory. I have no info, but I wonder if it's the "online outlet" of a big agency/showroom that I know of in Milan. Sizes are very limited, so I wonder if they are all samples. Anyway, I invite you to get that hunting jacket before I do! LAST_CHANCE still applies 30% off to the stuff they just added (even more puzzling for them to put up 4 Haversack pieces... straight at 50% off).

Does dope-factory discount VAT?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have 2 harris tweed Mallory jacket and vest and they are all the same size in 48.

As mentioned before, I'm a 50 in all my Cabourn pieces, except the mallory and vest.  I'm a 52 in those.  YMMV though.

Cheers - I might try a 54. I keep looking at the Hospital vest on End. I'm pretty sure it's the Fox Bros Tweed rather than Harris. If it was the same Harris as the DB coat I'd have jumped at it.

nixda

Reaction score
Dope Factory has the hospital vest as Harris Tweed (actually Herris, lol), but make sure you get the sizing right since end claims it as a 'regular' fit.

mcqueen

Reaction score
My size 48 Cameraman will be delivered this week. After reading all the posts in this thread, I am pretty sure that it will be slightly on the small side for me. If this is the case, I just wanted to give a heads up that I will be either selling it or looking to trade for a larger size.

Feel free to send a pm if you have any interest.

Cheers.

Last edited:

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross - post

Gloomy and cold Birthday Monday (be nice to me I'm ancient).
Mon1-1.jpg

mon2-1.jpg

mon3-1.jpg

Christy's
Nigel Cabourn *
Inverallan **
Burberry
H&M
Barkers
* Harris Tweed DB Coat - First wear - basically happy with the fit, should be even better as the tweed softens in
** Inverallan 'Light' NOS - light compared to normal Inverallan's but it's as thick as the Submariner knit my wife bought me for my birthday...

nixda

Reaction score
Ushowu just got a bunch of new items. Although, quite pricey. Interestingly two different Viberg boots (minus the grease this time).

xiaogwuay

Reaction score
USHOWU has so many of the Nigel Collection but its like they NEVER go on Sale. Have you guys ever seen them do clearances?

itbegins

Reaction score

Does dope-factory discount VAT?

I have never dealt with them, but I believe it was RandomKoreanDude who asked them and was told no, however they were willing to give additional 10% (meet halfway I guess). His post (earlier in this thread) mentioned email correspondence with Dope-F and 40% off the sale price (30% with code, plus another 10% as a no-vat compromise). I know there's still a code for 30% off that's active, it's either posted on this forum or on fashionstealer.

edit: LOL, I just read the quote in your post.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics