• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I picked up a pair of the Turner canvas pants in navy a few weeks ago, and boy are they nice. I also picked up a pair of ARN Mercantile trousers from LN-CC, and they are every bit as good as their Cabourn pants. I have heard that 14-oz is amazing, but I wish they had a webshop.

KamChan- I meant the tweed trousers. I'm guessing they aren't made by ARN?

mpw

Reaction score
Saw this on the blog page, it's from the AW 13 "Scott" collection. I really want that Sheepskin;

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a few random pieces of cabourn at Barney's sale. Saw the linen pants with the braces but were size 28. I'm a skinny dude but def needed like a 30 at least

Prices were not cheap though. The pants were like 375 or something. Also found the navy Mallory in 46 my size and would have kopped ASAP but prices were higher than any uk retailer or context clothing. Jacket was 500+ with tax.

If its still there in a few days and has dropped price I'll kop

Philip

Reaction score
wait, there are actually stores selling Mallory jackets at 500? The cheapest I found in a 46 was $630AUD

xiaogwuay

Reaction score
I got my Mallory at $460 USD - Barney's sale was pretty bad today. The price was basically the same as the usual sale prices. They were extra messy but I'm guessing the economy is better considering the last couple year's sales were SUPER DEAD.

JasonV

Reaction score
Just a heads up but Dope Factory has new season SS12 scarfs and some of the Japanese Tees, thought it weird they have them now as they've only just arrived in normal accounts and these are discounted straight away.

Last edited:

JasonV

Reaction score

yep, did it, shrinks about half a size, you notice it most in the jacket length and sleeves. i didn't wring out the jacket i rolled it in a towel like a piece of knitwear and then hung it on a good hanger to dry. Fit is much better now for me and it looks pretty much like it did when i bought it just a bit smaller. i didn't soak it for very long and the water was quite cool. If you are thinking of it exercise caution, i did it because i hated the fit, way to large for me. Now i wear the jacket a lot. Sorry there won't be fit pics, i'm not good at that.

Can I ask what size Mallory did you have and what size are you normally, did it also shrink much in the chest width? I have a 50 but it's too big (more so in width), would like to try the 48 but they're sold out and may be too small.

I still have the option to return this one by this week. Tempted to wash but it's a fair bit of money if it doesn't shrink to right size. For reference I also have the Hunting Jacket in 50 and a King George in 48 and they fit ok, Hunting Jacket maybe a small amount on the big side.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

prurient

Reaction score

Just a heads up but Dope Factory has new season SS12 scarfs and some of the Japanese Tees, thought it weird they have them now as they've only just arrived in normal accounts and these are discounted straight away.

Yeah, I'm puzzled by dope-factory. I have no info, but I wonder if it's the "online outlet" of a big agency/showroom that I know of in Milan. Sizes are very limited, so I wonder if they are all samples. Anyway, I invite you to get that hunting jacket before I do! LAST_CHANCE still applies 30% off to the stuff they just added (even more puzzling for them to put up 4 Haversack pieces... straight at 50% off).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads