• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

Kuznetsov

Reaction score

Yes, I wondered about this. I understand that a refund is allowed by UK distance selling regulations?
I assume this stands over and above what they say on the site?

Yes. The law in the UK states that you can send it back for any reason as you did not have a chance to see the item in person prior to receiving it. I tried to arrange a return to oi polloi due to a cabourn surface jacket I ordered being a lighter shade than appeared in their photos and had to threaten them with getting trading standards involved due to their refusal to accept a return. They also need to refund you any postage charges they charged you to send the item. I've had various retailers try to get out of that one. They all know the law but choose to either a)ignore it and hope the consumer knows no better or b) lie about it as oi polloi did in the case I mentioned above.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Distance selling regulations is a European directive. it cover all mail-order / online purchases with-in the European Union.

From the 13th June 2014 it has been replaced with the Consumer Contracts Regulations.

You will now have up to 14 days to cancel/return goods - previously it was 7 days.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

What I don't know is if you have the same rights if you make the purchase from a country outside of the UK/Europe?

Jagger_On

Reaction score

I was hoping a Canadian jacket in washed army would pop up, I regret passing it up when it was available.

There was no current season stuff on the sale. I think it only went up to SS13. If you have your heart set on the washed army, have you thought about the cold weather parka? Different style obviously but looks a nice piece. Cabourn website still has a 48.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I notice a lot of the items for sale are missing Nigel Cabourn labels. Not the swing tags but the garment labels - there should be disclaimer that much of what they're selling is sample or production versions of the garments without the final retail labels.

Good catch I didn't even realize that with the missing tags. Wish they put the mesurements like they did last sale.

Diabolical

Reaction score
There was no current season stuff on the sale. I think it only went up to SS13. If you have your heart set on the washed army, have you thought about the cold weather parka? Different style obviously but looks a nice piece. Cabourn website still has a 48.
The cold weather parka looks nice, but I really like the asymmetric zipper on the Canadian.For some reason there was a Canadian jacket in washed green in the last sale. But I went with the FW surface jacket instead. I can't say I regret that decision.

saracen

Reaction score
Just an FYI (if it wasn't mentioned yet) to make sure and look at all photos. I noticed the NIGEL CABOURN X EDDIE BAUER QUILTED JACKET has a small hole in the front.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
this is the same linen deck jacket from 2011?

was there a raw and a washed version?

Last edited:

Morph

Reaction score
I am usually a 50 in Cabourn.
In denim/linen I have the suit jacket and pop over shirt both in 50 and both are a little large. I have the jacket pictured in a 48 and the fit is fine.
If you buy your normal size it may feel a little over sized till you wash it, buy a size smaller it will fit fine but may need to be dry cleaned. I think some one else here had the suit jacket and washed it and there was only a small bit of shrinkage. The 48 is 22 inches pit to pit . The guy in the photo from cultizm usually models Cabourn in 50 (always looks over sized) but with this jacket it was a 48.

Morph

Reaction score
Yep that is the suit like jacket, I missed out on the trousers and unlike most people I like the Texas tuxedo look. I think the trousers came up large also with a small being 32 inch. I am still on the look out for the trousers...and a fox duffel(2009)...and a Japaneses white oxford with black stripes ...and all the rest.
I think Eric Grill has the suit jacket and washed it with only a small bit of shrinkage.

Last edited:

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Coggles has that jacket in their Sale and there didn't appear to be any interest in it. Think it was 50% off for ever - I guess they eventually marked it down further at some point?

Kind of regret not picking it up now – that colour is classic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads