• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
It's supposed to be pretty generous space wise in the toebox, but it might not be long enough. I'm an 8.5 with medium weight socks in Alden Trubalance, Wolverine 1000 mile, Iron Rangers, and with thinner socks 8F in Church's Sahara Chukka, 9.5 in Nikes, 8.5 Alden Barrie and I went with an 8 for these.

Your choice of the 8 should work, although the toe box may be snug..You know the last, kind of looks like a "Munson" which may not be as much room as you need...

Put me second in line if they don't work...LOL

Great find, Enjoy

Diabolical

Reaction score
Your choice of the 8 should work, although the toe box may be snug..You know the last, kind of looks like a "Munson" which may not be as much room as you need...

Put me second in line if they don't work...LOL

Great find, Enjoy
Thanks! I'm pretty excited about getting them. I have a pair of Vibergs on the 2045 last which are a modified munson in size 8.5 and they're quite roomy. An 8 would probably work in them, so hopefully the Apsley is similar.

JChance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is Marrkt's listed shoes size in UK or US?

Grove

Reaction score
Quite a few bits. Thankfully, for my wallet, nothing caught my eye.
I imagine most of it will be on ebay next week.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, can't get on Marrkt. On the lookout for some nice trousers...

Jon p

Reaction score
well, I think i've bought a pair of Bombay Bloomers and a Madras Waistcoat.
The site is so slow that they have probably been sold already though..... First time i've bought from Marrkt so I have no idea how it works.

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
Did you see anything interesting on there? I picked up the roll neck sweater.

Yes, been wanting one of the lighter weight jackets either another Mallory or a camo......But like every one else was having issues with site.

Will try again later, have the roll neck in cream a good cold weather piece.

Enjoy

Diabolical

Reaction score
Yes, been wanting one of the lighter weight jackets either another Mallory or a camo......But like every one else was having issues with site.

Will try again later, have the roll neck in cream a good cold weather piece.

Enjoy
I was hoping a Canadian jacket in washed army would pop up, I regret passing it up when it was available.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Returns

Marrkt sale event purchases maybe returned for an exchange or store credit, however we are unable to offer refunds such is the nature of the sale.

still up to this, very naughty and they should know better.

Jon p

Reaction score
Returns

Marrkt sale event purchases maybe returned for an exchange or store credit, however we are unable to offer refunds such is the nature of the sale.

still up to this, very naughty and they should know better.
Yes, I wondered about this. I understand that a refund is allowed by UK distance selling regulations?
I assume this stands over and above what they say on the site?

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I notice a lot of the items for sale are missing Nigel Cabourn labels. Not the swing tags but the garment labels - there should be disclaimer that much of what they're selling is sample or production versions of the garments without the final retail labels.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads