1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Nigel Cabourn

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Fuuma, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Eric Gill Sans

Eric Gill Sans Senior member

Does anybody know of any Black Friday NC deals to be had?

2. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

Superdemin has a code going, 15% or 20%. They have a great selection, too.

3. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Forgive me if this has been covered ad nauseum. I am new to Cabourn and this thread. Can someone please give sizing advice for the FW15 Cameraman? TTS or size down?

4. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

My experience with The Cameraman is TTS. I don't have one from FW15 but the other 2-3 I have all run TTS.

5. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

6. Eric Gill Sans

Yes I agree

I don't have a FW15 Cameraman but I don't think the sizing has changed

I'm a Cabourn 46 and the 46 in the Cameraman is perfect

I once tried on a 48 and it was definately too big

7. thedream

thedream New Member

That jacket is amazing. Looks so good for fall too.

8. JChance

JChance Senior member

Just received my Wide Lapel Cashmere jacket. The jacket is beautiful and everything fits perfectly except the sleeve seems a bit long (not the proper length of a suit jacket). Is it weird that I want to get the jacket sleeves taken in? The cuff buttons are functional.

For those who own the Mallory or the Business jackets, did you alter the sleeves for a proper fit (showing half an inch of your shirt's cuff)?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  9. irbe

irbe Senior member

I own the business and I need to take in the sleeves.

10. PhilVo

PhilVo Senior member

Winter wardrobe is ready - the cashmere duffel and Mallory etc are hanging in another closet

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. desolate

desolate Active Member

Great selection. How often does the sheepskin get a run out?

I am a bit heavy on the tweed with 6 x Mallory and the DB tweed with leather patches. Not great when it rains constantly. But I wear them with the SS Ventile trench coat or a cabourn Macintosh to keep the worst of the rain off.

Also

2 x Everest
    surface
    cashmere duffle
    trench duffle
    Filson adjustable hunt coat - a bit boring and let's face it not very adjustable.

Various other stuff which I am thinking of Ebaying as I barely wear it and it is taking up ridiculous amount of space.

Just bought some Blue Wool Farm pants and I think they are great, and the Lybro Combat Pants are much nicer than I though. They have taken over from a pair of old green combat pants from several years ago that are on their last legs. The latest jeans are also very good. The original oxford shirts for 2 or 3 years ago have probably the best winter shirting material of any I have ever seen

Cabourn can be expensive, but very rarely does he dish up a dud.

12. PhilVo

PhilVo Senior member

6 Mallory jackets?? Haha that's a lot! I have the Surface jacket as well, but too cold for winter. I wonder why they stopped doing it.

I really can't buy anything else at this stage - my girlfriend would freak out and I simply don't have enough space.

On the Coastal Command: A truly unpractical jacket, but I simply love it. It doesn't get more than a few wears each year and I am only wearing it when I am outside for a long time and when it's extremely cold. This jacket can't be worn when going shopping or when taking the tube... Simply too warm and whenever you take it off you have a 4 kg mountain of sheepskin to carry around. I love it!

13. Eric Gill Sans

Get yourself a Morgan and drive it in the Winter

The Coastal Command gets plenty of wear

14. desolate

desolate Active Member

Every year I say I wont buy another one, but then....

I have been buying them for 7 or 8 years at least so it's not that bad on a per year basis.
    Edited to add I think I actually may have 7

I've got a Morgan 3 wheeler and the coastal command could be the perfect winter driving jacket but I already have an Aero D1 so it's a bit difficult to justify. Being a long term customer of Aero following the court case I am also not so keen on buying stuff from Simmons Bilt/Alexander, but that is a personal thing.

I find the surface jacket with a thick jumper good for most situations (I have the purple one with the coated cotton), but you are right over a shirt it's not up to the job in a northern winter.

I normally wear the Everest with just a shirt underneath - then you can open it when inside and not keel over through overheating.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  15. PhilVo

PhilVo Senior member

The Coastal Command was still produced by Aero, only the new ones by SB. That being said, the history of SB is not as "clean" but they seem to do the more successful collabs (Edwin, Barbiur, Triumph etc).

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  16. desolate

desolate Active Member

I know Ken was never very happy when the items he produced for others where subsequently sold for a large mark up. But that's the trade I suppose.

I couldn't really countenance buying anything from SB - one of their senior staff did time for what he did leaving Aero and it just wouldn't feel right. I have known Ken for many years, even buying a car off him (A Jaguar MK II with a fruity engine).

17. zissou

zissou Senior member

Would love a AW14 Coastal Command.

18. irbe

irbe Senior member

Anybody got their stuff from the sample sale yet who doesn't live in the UK and opted for Royal Mail?

19. FGle

FGle Member

I was having issues with the order as the site broke down as I was finishing the payment.
    So i just got a payment info mail from PayPal and nothing from marrkt.
    But after all i got my order delivered after 4-5 days and I live in Germany!

Best wishes

20. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Senior member

Had a shot at one at BNYC and chose to pass. Think it was around 1K maybe less Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr