• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

mrstarks

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am sorry if this is the wrong bit of the forum for this, but seeing as this is the Nigel Cabourn forum one of you Cabourn heads might be able to help me. I am after this Nigel Cabourn Trapper jacket which I saw at the Nigel Cabourn stand during the Jan 2012 Bread & Butter expo. I haven't found any retailers for it in the UK at least, and pretty much online and was wondering if anyone had one in either colour in a 52 they were willing to liberate.

Feel free to message me if you have one.

Thanks a lot folks

Last edited:

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes it does add a worn in look fairly quickly. I'm not sure whether the pilling will have any impact on the longevity. I think I prefer the weave of my 12/13 Mallory.

I prefer the look of the previous Mallorys. Not a fan of the brushed/fuzzy look.

What are you thoughts on the stone? Not a fan myself so I returned them. The ventile was too bright. Crazy steal of a deal had i kept it though. However I did get the army Cameraman which has the stone lower. That worked fine for me. The tweed on that one is fuzzy too.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I prefer the look of the previous Mallorys.  Not a fan of the brushed/fuzzy look.  

What are you thoughts on the stone?  Not a fan myself so I returned them.  The ventile was too bright.  Crazy steal of a deal had i kept it though.  However I did get the army Cameraman which has the stone lower.  That worked fine for me.  The tweed on that one is fuzzy too.  

I like the colour of the tweed, but yes the ventile is a bit brighter than I'd ideally like, but I don't actively dislike it. I picked up both the jacket and vest from two different final reduction sales so got the pair for a very good price. I suspect I'll end up wearing the vest on it's own a fair bit.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I picked up a Mallory jacket and vest in the sales in Stone. Is it me or is the weave looser than the AW 12/13 Mallorys?

Where did you find the Mallory? I'm trying to locate one in navy (54). Any ideas on where I should be looking? I imagine I'm a few months too late, and may have to wait for the autumn...

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked mine up from Flannels. Haven't seen any in Navy in that size (my size) for a while. I'll keep an eye out.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I picked mine up from Flannels. Haven't seen any in Navy in that size (my size) for a while. I'll keep an eye out.

Definitely appreciate it. If I find one I'll let you know too.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Definitely appreciate it. If I find one I'll let you know too.

Corniche have one in Brown in a 54 in the sale - nice colour, Ushowu lists indigo in a 54.

Last edited:

REDMOND

Reaction score
i have the indigo and agree its a more worn tweed, i also have the UW barra in indigo tweed from AW 13 there the same tweed as far as i can tell the weave is as tight on the mallory just made to look more worn IMO i was thinking about removing the pile with a lint remover but havent been brave enough yet..
the flash makes the mallory look a little lighter then the barra in real life theres nothing in it

Last edited:

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am sorry if this is the wrong bit of the forum for this, but seeing as this is the Nigel Cabourn forum one of you Cabourn heads might be able to help me. I am after this Nigel Cabourn Trapper jacket which I saw at the Nigel Cabourn stand during the Jan 2012 Bread & Butter expo. I haven't found any retailers for it in the UK at least, and pretty much online and was wondering if anyone had one in either colour in a 52 they were willing to liberate.

Feel free to message me if you have one.

Thanks a lot folks
This is new one on me. I might be wrong but i don't think it ever got made. I cant remember seeing these in the Japanese stores either.
looking at the labels it was going to be a jacket in the Eddie Bauer collab range but I certainly didn't see it stocked by any European stores in either colourway.

mrstarks

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Eric.I was beginning to think thatto be the case. I have been searching for two years.I actually tried it on as well and it was just amazing. Hope someone in Switzerland or Japanese might have seen this in one of those tiny shops that do not have a full on online presence.the search continues.

Thanks again @Eric Gill Sans.

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Loving these shots of the womens collection on Instagram, especially the olive jacket and trousers. Anyone know if there is anything similar in the mens collection?

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score

Loving these shots of the womens collection on Instagram, especially the olive jacket and trousers. Anyone know if there is anything similar in the mens collection?

Yes they are great aren't they
Corniche are the only ones to have the SS14 women's wear on line so far but the Cabourn site will have some on soon
The olive jacket is very similar to the Dark Army Hospital jacket from the SS13 mens collection -( corniche might have one left )
Nothing similar in the mens SS14 unfortunately

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Yes they are great aren't they
Corniche are the only ones to have the SS14 women's wear on line so far but the Cabourn site will have some on soon
The olive jacket is very similar to the Dark Army Hospital jacket from the SS13 mens collection -( corniche might have one left )
Nothing similar in the mens SS14 unfortunately

It's probably just the styling but the womenswear just seems so much more on point at the moment. If they did the business jacket and formal pant in that olive, I'd be all over it. Still might go for the navy or one of the linen options though as I want a really nice summer suit and I like how relaxed these items are.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The women's wear this season looks really good. The summer menswear is a bit, dare I say dull. I'm still tempted by last seasons Compton jacket though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads