• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Boots

Ansor

Reaction score
Hi! Have any of you bought Nick´s Boots standard sizes (not using the fit-kit)? If so, do they run larger than Red Wings, or are they about the same?
I really want to order a pair of Nick´s, but I can´t go to their store and I´m not comfortable with the fit sheet, so I will take my chances and order a standard size. My Iron Rangers are 8 D, so should I order the same from Nick´s?
Thanks in advance for your help!

ThatDudeOrion

Reaction score
Hello Shuyler,
Sorry but this is not going to be the welcome you would have expected. This is going to be a rant, but i think i need to bring it up anyway. I placed my order with Nicks for a High arch Walnut Ranger on 6th March(WO# 48610). I was given a lead time of 4 weeks at the time of placing the order. I was told the lead times could be higher due to covid and as they would first prioritise emergency workers. I was fine with that. However when I recently saw Nicks accepting pre-orders for wickettandcraig falcons for delivery in June, I emailed them for the status on my order. I got a reply that my order was being finalised, then when I told them that I placed the order on the 6th March and am surprised that my order is being finalised as we spoke, I was told the order was finalised a long time back and its just waiting to go into production. And when asked about lead times I was told 3-4 weeks more. So now it looks like Nicks is prioritising these falcons over my order. I was warned about the bad customer service at Nicks and the delayed lead times. I have learned my lesson now.

Did you ever get your boots?

206edc

Reaction score
Sizing question for the Nicks rep or anyone else. Do you take the same size in the 55 last for the Robert as you do in the Falcon HNW last?

Jo_Jax

Reaction score
I do not have a pair of Nick’s Handmade Boots currently. I did place an order the other day through their website. I will be doing the fit kit and try-on boot process.

I have wanted some solid work and life boots for a hot minute. I like the fact Nicks Boots can be resoled and rebuilt. I’m looking to be on my feet 6-12 hr days at times. They’ll also be used on colder wet surf adventures and the occasional hike about. Basically my life boot when I’m north of US Interstate 80.

I really wanted a MTO Traveler in the Wickett & Craig VegTan brown, 8 inch.
My wife did not agree to that price. I was cleared for a Walnut Wedge Worker, 10 inch and soft toe.

I’m excited for some real work boots. My whole life I’ve had issues being fit for shoe. My feet are flat and fairly wide. I’ve been told my toes are short measure and measure out on a Brannock at an 11 1/2, yet my arch clearly measures to a 12 1/2. Should be fun to see what my foot tracing and foot measurements into their sizing will be. I have had everything boot wise from 10.5’s-13 wides. The 10.5 killed my feet and I still have damage. Ha!

This thread was for two things. One, follow along here and possibly add pictures over time.

Secondly, mostly for Nicks Boots Shuyler, can the wedge worker be made to order?
Could I pay a bit more for a vegtan or another leather (bison, bull hide) 10” boot shaft, double midsole, lace to toe (LTT), etc.? Yet, it appears LTT is no longer an option, correct? I can pay anytime if changes are possible.

Joe

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I do not have a pair of Nick’s Handmade Boots currently. I did place an order the other day through their website. I will be doing the fit kit and try-on boot process.

I have wanted some solid work and life boots for a hot minute. I like the fact Nicks Boots can be resoled and rebuilt. I’m looking to be on my feet 6-12 hr days at times. They’ll also be used on colder wet surf adventures and the occasional hike about. Basically my life boot when I’m north of US Interstate 80.

I really wanted a MTO Traveler in the Wickett & Craig VegTan brown, 8 inch.
My wife did not agree to that price. I was cleared for a Walnut Wedge Worker, 10 inch and soft toe.

I’m excited for some real work boots. My whole life I’ve had issues being fit for shoe. My feet are flat and fairly wide. I’ve been told my toes are short measure and measure out on a Brannock at an 11 1/2, yet my arch clearly measures to a 12 1/2. Should be fun to see what my foot tracing and foot measurements into their sizing will be. I have had everything boot wise from 10.5’s-13 wides. The 10.5 killed my feet and I still have damage. Ha!

This thread was for two things. One, follow along here and possibly add pictures over time.

Secondly, mostly for Nicks Boots Shuyler, can the wedge worker be made to order?
Could I pay a bit more for a vegtan or another leather (bison, bull hide) 10” boot shaft, double midsole, lace to toe (LTT), etc.? Yet, it appears LTT is no longer an option, correct? I can pay anytime if changes are possible.

Joe
Hi Joe,

Sure, we can make it to order with a few caveats. Unfortunately, the LTT is currently only available with a lug sole for now and we sold through the bison and don’t currently have plans to bring it in. The veg tan is a pretty significant up charge at $80 just to be upfront. I’m happy to let you know what the price would be if you wanted to let me know what you were interested in adding, though it’s probably going to be what you saw through the MTO tool.

Jo_Jax

Reaction score
Hi Joe,

Sure, we can make it to order with a few caveats. Unfortunately, the LTT is currently only available with a lug sole for now and we sold through the bison and don’t currently have plans to bring it in. The veg tan is a pretty significant up charge at $80 just to be upfront. I’m happy to let you know what the price would be if you wanted to let me know what you were interested in adding, though it’s probably going to be what you saw through the MTO tool.

Shulyer-
Thank you for the prompt reply.
Good to know about the Lace To Toe being an option on the lug boots.

I would want basically
Walnut Wedge Worker MTO
VegTan Shaft (instead of smooth walnut) 10”
Double Midsole
The rest as it comes as a wedge worker
Does that make sense?

I can call or email on Monday if that’s helpful.
Thank you again,
Joe

Nicks Boots Shuyler

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Shulyer-
Thank you for the prompt reply.
Good to know about the Lace To Toe being an option on the lug boots.

I would want basically
Walnut Wedge Worker MTO
VegTan Shaft (instead of smooth walnut) 10”
Double Midsole
The rest as it comes as a wedge worker
Does that make sense?

I can call or email on Monday if that’s helpful.
Thank you again,
Joe
Hi Joe,

Okay, easiest thing to do is probably to have you order the MTO Traveler with the Wickett & Craig leather through the link below and message me your order number and I can make the changes to the bill of materials. This will charge you $600 for the boot and I will refund you $50 as the total should be $550 ($470 base +$40 for half W&C + $40 for the double midsole). Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

FrankVillatoro

Reaction score
Hello guys! I've been lurking and figured I should contribute by providing feedback on my latest boots; the Craft and Lore Task Boot Collaboration in Walnut.

I ordered these on 09/2019 and after a try-on boot process and understandable covid-19 delayed times, I received on 02/2021.

Worth the wait! In my collection is a MTO White's MP and MTO Wesco Hendriks and these are up there in quality with the Wesco boots.

These are by far the best fitting and accommodate my foot well, although there's still plenty of break in required to be as soft as my other boots, but I am enjoying every moment! Already took them on a long hike and rock climbing to help break in.

I am getting lots of compliments on these as the rounded profile of the boot is well complemented by the dogger heel. Impressive build quality! There is a MTO Charly on the way - hopefully get it next month.

Here are some pics and I highly recommend Nick's!

Attachments

• 20210208_152820.jpg
    20210208_152820.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 284
  • 20210208_153741.jpg
    20210208_153741.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 293
  • 20210208_151936.jpg
    20210208_151936.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 298
  • 20210208_144926.jpg
    20210208_144926.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 362

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
Hello guys! I've been lurking and figured I should contribute by providing feedback on my latest boots; the Craft and Lore Task Boot Collaboration in Walnut.

I ordered these on 09/2019 and after a try-on boot process and understandable covid-19 delayed times, I received on 02/2021.

Worth the wait! In my collection is a MTO White's MP and MTO Wesco Hendriks and these are up there in quality with the Wesco boots.

These are by far the best fitting and accommodate my foot well, although there's still plenty of break in required to be as soft as my other boots, but I am enjoying every moment! Already took them on a long hike and rock climbing to help break in.

I am getting lots of compliments on these as the rounded profile of the boot is well complemented by the dogger heel. Impressive build quality! There is a MTO Charly on the way - hopefully get it next month.

Here are some pics and I highly recommend Nick's!

What is the makeup of your Hendriks?

FrankVillatoro

Reaction score
What is the makeup of your Hendriks?
I got them through Baker's and I love them too. build specs:
Leather Color: Brown
Height: 7"
Lining: Navy [ $99.00 ]
Soles: #705 Vibram®
Dye Soles and Heels: All Natural
Heel Lifts: 1/4" Lower [ $17.00 ]
Hooks & Eyelets: Nickel Eyelets [ $25.00 ]
Thread Color-Lightweight Upper Stitching: Brown
Outsole Stitching color: White
Laces: Rawhide [ $5.00 ]Inserts: Random Color
Toe Caps: Dress Toe Caps

Attachments

• Wesco Boots.jpg
    Wesco Boots.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 362

NautOfEarth

Reaction score
I got them through Baker's and I love them too. build specs:
Leather Color: Brown
Height: 7"
Lining: Navy [ $99.00 ]
Soles: #705 Vibram®
Dye Soles and Heels: All Natural
Heel Lifts: 1/4" Lower [ $17.00 ]
Hooks & Eyelets: Nickel Eyelets [ $25.00 ]
Thread Color-Lightweight Upper Stitching: Brown
Outsole Stitching color: White
Laces: Rawhide [ $5.00 ]Inserts: Random Color
Toe Caps: Dress Toe Caps

Very nice! Especially with the lining. I've got two pairs, myself and wish I had gone with that.

FrankVillatoro

Reaction score
Very nice! Especially with the lining. I've got two pairs, myself and wish I had gone with that.
I want to get another pair eventually, but this time I will go through Wesco's fitment process and will inquire if they have lasts with more arch support. That will make them that much better IMO.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
I want to give special recognition to @Nicks Boots Shuyler for going out of his way to provide perhaps the best customer care I’ve ever received. Shuyler, I come to you hat in hand to say thank you.

Now that I’ve cleared that up, check out these BEAUTIES! I’ll get some more pics later & gather some thoughts but here is an unboxing pic & a nice shot Shuyler sent me before they shipped:

13F1FB60-D407-4DB6-9001-79173694025C.jpeg
5F1F4C44-7B1D-4F80-8157-41237950DB9A.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads