• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nicks Boots

Ansor

Reaction score
Hi! Have any of you bought Nick´s Boots standard sizes (not using the fit-kit)? If so, do they run larger than Red Wings, or are they about the same?
I really want to order a pair of Nick´s, but I can´t go to their store and I´m not comfortable with the fit sheet, so I will take my chances and order a standard size. My Iron Rangers are 8 D, so should I order the same from Nick´s?
Thanks in advance for your help!

ThatDudeOrion

Reaction score
Hello Shuyler,
Sorry but this is not going to be the welcome you would have expected. This is going to be a rant, but i think i need to bring it up anyway. I placed my order with Nicks for a High arch Walnut Ranger on 6th March(WO# 48610). I was given a lead time of 4 weeks at the time of placing the order. I was told the lead times could be higher due to covid and as they would first prioritise emergency workers. I was fine with that. However when I recently saw Nicks accepting pre-orders for wickettandcraig falcons for delivery in June, I emailed them for the status on my order. I got a reply that my order was being finalised, then when I told them that I placed the order on the 6th March and am surprised that my order is being finalised as we spoke, I was told the order was finalised a long time back and its just waiting to go into production. And when asked about lead times I was told 3-4 weeks more. So now it looks like Nicks is prioritising these falcons over my order. I was warned about the bad customer service at Nicks and the delayed lead times. I have learned my lesson now.
Did you ever get your boots?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.