• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Nicks Boots

SleepyTexan

Reaction score
Same, I figured I'd post along with the Wesco sale for those who could be interested.

IIRC you've tried basically everyone in the PNW, right?

manowar

Reaction score
Their customer service has been great for me, though I have only interacted with them twice. A pleasure to deal with. They went out of their way to make things right at their expense.

There are a couple of new configurations I noticed on the site that I don’t remember seeing before. 10% is a good price if one was already considering buying.

davealce

Reaction score
Nike Leather Boots is one of my favorites boots all-around market. Here is my favorite one: Nike SFB Field 2 8" Leather.
1585311299887.png

manowar

Reaction score
Synthetic boots have their place, albeit not on this thread. :D There is something to be said for lightweight and breathable boots when exercising, hiking, or engaging in tactical warfare....

mrpoizun

Reaction score
Synthetic boots have their place, albeit not on this thread. :D There is something to be said for lightweight and breathable boots when exercising, hiking, or engaging in tactical warfare....
Uh-huh. But is the stupid-looking sole with all the curlicues (or whatever) really necessary?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At their prices, why would someone pick Nicks over other known brands such as Whites?

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At their prices, why would someone pick Nicks over other known brands such as Whites?
They’ve got a real reputation for clean and solid construction, more so than White’s I think.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't quite understand their $50 try on offer. Will they not charge the 15% fee if the boots don't fit right and are returned? There is littler to no info on the web site, just the banner.

manowar

Reaction score
They send you a stock try-on pair with the purchase of any boot. It appears that shipping for the try-on pair both ways is now free, and there's no restocking fee.

As I've mentioned earlier, personally, Nicks has been great to work with.

Crit_Obs

Reaction score
I don't pick them over White's but rather alongside them, as their combination of #5332 last and #2 toe works super well for me.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They send you a stock try-on pair with the purchase of any boot. It appears that shipping for the try-on pair both ways is now free, and there's no restocking fee.

As I've mentioned earlier, personally, Nicks has been great to work with.
Thanks. The answer was probably already stated but there are a lot of pages to go through.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't pick them over White's but rather alongside them, as their combination of #5332 last and #2 toe works super well for me.
Yeah, White's toe caps look a bit too... mushroom tip for me. Nick seems to add some slant to them which I like better

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.