• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2010 Discussion

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't believe one of these pathetic teams is going to get a home game in the playoffs.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
this thread is going to be a real **** show after the seahawks win. TS vs. the world.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by soxpats
Its great to be a Patriots fan. Get to enjoy a great TEAM that doesn't run their mouth, respects the other team, takes care of business and play hard every week. Class of NFL right now.
biggrin.gif

rolleyes.gif

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montecristo#4
Arguably, statistics say that Cassel had a better season than Vick anyway.

Vick
Pass Rtg: 100.2
Comp %: 62.6
Pass Yards: 3,018
TD's: 21
INT's: 6
Fumbles: 11
Fumbles Lost: 3
*Record: 8-4

Cassel
Pass Rtg: 98.8
Comp %: 60.2
Pass Yards: 3,001
TD's: 27
INT's: 5
FBL's: 3
FBL's Lost: 1
*Record: 10-4

*Record is determined by games started. Out of the 3 games Vick didn't start, the Eagles won 2. The 1 game that Cassel didn't start, the Chiefs lost and were shutout 31-0.

Cassel's stats are incredibly misleading (I'll ignore the fact that his ground numbers are negligble and assume that by better season we mean better passing season).

For one, this analysis skips over the fact that 4 of those wins and 10 of those passing TDs are against NFC West*, probably the worst division in the NFL, which won't have a single winning team. I think something like over 75% of the game of the games that the Chiefs played this year were against teams that finished without winning records. The Eagles played quite a tough schedule - Atlanta (Kolb started and won that game), Green Bay (also a Kolb start, but Vick finished it and might have won if he was the starter), NYG (twice), Chicago, and Indy - all teams with at least 10 wins, 5 of those where Vick started or saw significant action.

The only double digit win team that Cassel played was probably Indy which finished at 10-6 - and Cassel lost - Vick played them and won. The best team that Cassel beat was probably the 9-7 chargers in the first week. It's a pretty weak bunch of competition - no games against any of the most dangerous teams in the AFC.

*There's a good argument that the AFC West was the second worst division, but that depends on how you evaluate the Chargers and Raiders.

My feeling is that Brady will be the MVP (although I would like to see a defensive player get it one of these days, but Brady way over Vick, if that is the issue) and that the Pats will win the Super Bowl.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
this thread is going to be a real **** show after the seahawks win. TS vs. the world.

The Saints will crush the Seahawks, assuming I did the matchups right - I even think theres a good shot at the Saints returning to the SuperBowl, todays lost notwithstanding. All the other NFC teams have questions - the Eagles are always one hit to Vick away from the season ending, so even if they get by the Pack next week, the hits will add up; the Bears are running out Cutler; Green Bay would only play the Saints at New Orleans, where I don't think the Pack can win, and the Saints have shown that they can match up with the Falcons.

Saints vs. Pats is what I would bet on. 2nd most likely NFC team - Green Bay. 2nd most likely AFC team - Pittsburgh.

facebookdigg123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
Cassel's stats are incredibly misleading (I'll ignore the fact that his ground numbers are negligble and assume that by better season we mean better passing season).

For one, this analysis skips over the fact that 4 of those wins and 10 of those passing TDs are against NFC West*, probably the worst division in the NFL, which won't have a single winning team. I think something like over 75% of the game of the games that the Chiefs played this year were against teams that finished without winning records. The Eagles played quite a tough schedule - Atlanta (Kolb started and won that game), Green Bay (also a Kolb start, but Vick finished it and might have won if he was the starter), NYG (twice), Chicago, and Indy - all teams with at least 10 wins, 5 of those where Vick started or saw significant action.

The only double digit win team that Cassel played was probably Indy which finished at 10-6 - and Cassel lost - Vick played them and won. The best team that Cassel beat was probably the 9-7 chargers in the first week. It's a pretty weak bunch of competition - no games against any of the most dangerous teams in the AFC.

*There's a good argument that the AFC West was the second worst division, but that depends on how you evaluate the Chargers and Raiders.

My feeling is that Brady will be the MVP (although I would like to see a defensive player get it one of these days, but Brady way over Vick, if that is the issue) and that the Pats will win the Super Bowl.

cassel is overrated. his stats dont mean anything. he improved a lot this season, but not mvp caliber as some people are saying.

Brady > Vick for mvp, and Im not really a brady fan. hes just having a phenomenal season.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
I already knew it was me vs the world. The Saints are a great team, but this is the NFL, and New Orleans is one gametime fluky hit or midweek hamstring injury away from starting Chase Daniel at QB. They have a short week, are traveling a long way, and are playing an early game. On paper, sure, the Saints would steamroll us, but we play the games for a reason!
L_Tatupu_080105_IA.jpg

track309

Reaction score
Although I am a huge Saints fan, I do agree with what TS stated. The Saints are riddled with injuries and will be playing in an extremely hostile environment. Crowd noise will be a significant factor. It will be a close game.

Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I already knew it was me vs the world.

The Saints are a great team, but this is the NFL, and New Orleans is one gametime fluky hit or midweek hamstring injury away from starting Chase Daniel at QB. They have a short week, are traveling a long way, and are playing an early game. On paper, sure, the Saints would steamroll us, but we play the games for a reason!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
164395_479680721721_84249551721_6358641_2395278_n.jpg

166169_479680686721_84249551721_6358639_5619742_n.jpg

165726_479680661721_84249551721_6358638_3464322_n.jpg

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Originally Posted by track309
Although I am a huge Saints fan, I do agree with what TS stated. The Saints are riddled with injuries and will be playing in an extremely hostile environment. Crowd noise will be a significant factor. It will be a close game.

I'd bet against him, but he hates it when I win.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
They have a short week, are traveling a long way, and are playing an early game. On paper, sure, the Saints would steamroll us, but we play the games for a reason!

Originally Posted by track309

I just think it's ridiculous that an 11-5 team needs to go on the road to play a 7-9 team in the playoffs.

I think I can maybe wrap my head around the occasional division champ making it in to the playoffs with a losing record, but the fact that they get to host a playoff game is crying out for a rules change.

soxpats

Reaction score
The Seahawks suck. Its a joke they are in the playoffs over a team like the Bucs that are 10-6 and played the Saints and Falcons twice each.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads