• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New York City stores?

MrChris

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I'll be visiting NYC withing a couple of weeks. After browsing various threads in the forum I've come up with a list of the stores I plan to visit.
Please add to it, if you have any suggestions of what not to miss while in the city (in or around the Manhattan area).

Barneys
Bergdorf Goodman
Luigi Borrelli
Barker Black
Leffot
Alden
Ralph Lauren
Domenico Vacca
Saks 5th avenue
Brooks Brothers
Santoni
Crocket and Jones

Thank's!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Paul Smith
Paul Stuart

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would cut out Brooks Brothers. The store is nice but the stock is the same as any other. Based on your list of stores, it doesn't look like you are on a budget. In which case, skip Uniqlo and Century 21. If you are going down to the financial district, you may want to check out Century 21 anyway but I hated the crowds.

Barney's is a nice store.
Also on 5th ave, Ferragamo and Zegna among a ton of other higher end tier stores. I think Hermes is there as well.

If you walk down Madison and back up 5th, you will see a ton. Leffot is down near the village, there isn't much around it but it is worth checking out if you can. The store's selection is small but nice.

Last edited:

ballmouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Century 21
Paul Stuart

I would think you're better off seeing J Press over Brooks Brothers since the Brooks Brothers is probably the same as the one near where you live.

D.B.Cooper

Reaction score
Oxxford is just around the corner from Bergdorf Goodman. I was in NYC recently, and I'm kicking myself for not going to Epaulet and getting sized for some Carminas in person. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Panos

Reaction score

Generally speaking, just walk on Madison Av., you'll find all the good places there
(TF, Hermes, John Lobb, Loro Piana).
Go to Saks, only if you have visited all the other places you wanted, I wasn't impressed at all.

Just a note, that John Lobb is much more cheaper in Europe, well at least in the UK and France.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads