• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

New York City stores?

MrChris

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I'll be visiting NYC withing a couple of weeks. After browsing various threads in the forum I've come up with a list of the stores I plan to visit.
Please add to it, if you have any suggestions of what not to miss while in the city (in or around the Manhattan area).

Barneys
Bergdorf Goodman
Luigi Borrelli
Barker Black
Leffot
Alden
Ralph Lauren
Domenico Vacca
Saks 5th avenue
Brooks Brothers
Santoni
Crocket and Jones

Thank's!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Paul Smith
Paul Stuart

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would cut out Brooks Brothers. The store is nice but the stock is the same as any other. Based on your list of stores, it doesn't look like you are on a budget. In which case, skip Uniqlo and Century 21. If you are going down to the financial district, you may want to check out Century 21 anyway but I hated the crowds.

Barney's is a nice store.
Also on 5th ave, Ferragamo and Zegna among a ton of other higher end tier stores. I think Hermes is there as well.

If you walk down Madison and back up 5th, you will see a ton. Leffot is down near the village, there isn't much around it but it is worth checking out if you can. The store's selection is small but nice.

Last edited:

ballmouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Century 21
Paul Stuart

I would think you're better off seeing J Press over Brooks Brothers since the Brooks Brothers is probably the same as the one near where you live.

D.B.Cooper

Reaction score
Oxxford is just around the corner from Bergdorf Goodman. I was in NYC recently, and I'm kicking myself for not going to Epaulet and getting sized for some Carminas in person. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Panos

Reaction score

Generally speaking, just walk on Madison Av., you'll find all the good places there
(TF, Hermes, John Lobb, Loro Piana).
Go to Saks, only if you have visited all the other places you wanted, I wasn't impressed at all.

Just a note, that John Lobb is much more cheaper in Europe, well at least in the UK and France.

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
While on Madison also visit:

Lobb

Loro Piana

Hermes

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 62 17.3%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 120 33.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 105 29.3%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 39 10.9%
  • 9”

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%