• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@bdavro23 there's a difference between making comments about my language style for the sake of the forum and for the sake of personal embarrassment.

English is not my first language and I'm sure my own culture also affects my writing style. But it's clear my intention is to share information. If anything offended you it's not intended and I can correct it if you explain.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, are clearance items always final sale? Do prices get lower at all or is an additional 20% off coupon about as good as it gets?

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@Froosh from what I've seen in the last couple of years clearance items are all final sale. Yoox usually rotates the clearance section twice a year to move the off-season items off of the main sale section and also serve the purpose of price retention. When Yoox begins winter sales later this year many items in clearance will be moved back and become returnable.

Another tip relevant in the US: Jet.com has access to certain inventory on Yoox. Right now it reflects the clearance section. Coupons on Jet.com are applicable to all these clearance items, plus if you opt for waive return you get additional discount. It's standard Yoox package with return label. So I suppose if you order from jet.com you can return them and depending on whether you chose to waive return you might pay a small fee.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Froosh
 from what I've seen in the last couple of years clearance items are all final sale. Yoox usually rotates the clearance section twice a year to move the off-season items off of the main sale section and also serve the purpose of price retention. When Yoox begins winter sales later this year many items in clearance will be moved back and become returnable. 

Another tip relevant in the US: Jet.com has access to certain inventory on Yoox. Right now it reflects the clearance section. Coupons on Jet.com are applicable to all these clearance items, plus if you opt for waive return you get additional discount. It's standard Yoox package with return label. So I suppose if you order from jet.com you can return them and depending on whether you chose to waive return you might pay a small fee. 

Interesting, so items are constantly moved in and out of clearance. I wonder how many seasons old the item I'm looking at is. It's too bad about the final sale policy, there are quite a few items I like but unwilling to buy due to sizing concerns. I'll take a look at jet.com but I'm in Canada so I don't know if I can use it.
Do clearance items ever get further markdowns, or only 20% off codes?

Last edited:

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
@Froosh by off-season I mean many winter season clothes were moved to clearance and later this year they will be moved back, regardless of their age. Once they are back to the main sale section those not heavily discounted items will be marked down again. Only when changing seasons there will be a big amount of shifting or during some promotions I've seen small number of items moved back and forth. Some codes worked for clearance but very rarely. Yoox anniversary is in late June if I remember correctly and its promotions have been very generous in the past. I forgot if clearance was eligible though.

harlemriver

Reaction score

@harlemriver
 Please PM me if you have an issue that I addressed you in my note as it's off topic. The forum is a place for a free flowing exchange of ideas and I don't appreciate hostile and passive aggressive comments made towards me. I addressed you as I doubt about a blowout sale on theCorner that you speculated upon its closing, and to indicate other readers that my comment referred to your statement. It's an etiquette I consider appropriate and respectful. 

Why would I PM you? My response is no more off topic than the paragraph that you initially wrote to me to which I responded. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. I was neither passive aggressive nor hostile. Just factual.

I stand by what I said: you duplicated my own response back to me as if you were giving me new information. But here's the thing - you didn't. I already said all of that.

All that being said, I was told on good authority TheCorner sale should progress as usual (up to 80% off for some brands - no more than 50% off on brands like Dries).

Shoescribe (another YNAP site) will also close. Admittedly, that is a bit "off topic" and irrelevant as that site only sales women's shoes to the best of my knowledge. Although for those of you who may wear women's shoes from time to time I assure you that no disrespect is intended. Do you.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So on Yoox, many of the items are listed in Italian sizes. Most size charts seem to go by the -10 rule (IT 54 = US 44) but I've also read that IT 54 is half the chest size in cm, so 108 cm = 42.5" or approximately a US 42 to US 43. That's quite a bit of difference between the two methods, so which is correct?

Last edited:

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

40 IT = 44 FR = 34 US
42 IT = 46 FR = 36 US
Etc

???

Their conversion is -10/+10 as stated

However it means anything, the only important thing to check is:

"The size indicated on the product label is...."

Last edited:

Understatement

Reaction score

I've observed and participated in this conversation since the beginning when a member suggested that we demand "new" items eligible for promotion and teach Yoox a lesson by a boycott. Without further dwelling on the discussion about Yoox pricing based on speculations and opinions subjective to individual perceptions, I wanted to remind the readers that:
  • the price at which a product is sold reflects the dynamic between supply and demand (@Understatement Yoox neither attempted nor could fool us, except fools)
  • however, the demand within Yoox's economy only represents a fraction of the total demand, which gives rise to good deals
  • good deals attribute to information asymmetry among demands and their inconsistent perceptions of value (@Understatement maybe we all know what good prices are, but your good price is not necessarily another's good price)
  • Yoox as a business is responsible to not only fulfill its customers' demands today, but also obtain healthy profit to meet its investor's return requirement, provide its employees good compensation, offer brands needed cash flows, and reinvent itself to create more value in the long term
  • Yoox's promotion strategy may offend some customers but it doesn't affect Yoox's value to others
With all that said Yoox has become a gigantic player and its strategy will have impactful consequences in both new season and off season's market, making competition insignificant. When Yoox is the only place where certain demands can be fulfilled, within the context of the demands Yoox has become the monopoly. @harlemriver since Yoox owns theCorner, offering a closing sale seems unnecessary. Presumably Yoox will move the unsold products from theCorner quietly onto Yoox, priced higher than the potential bottom sale price. Comparing to womenswear, menswear designs and styles are much less subjected to trends. When you often hear brand's designs reflect timeless, seasonless, classic styles, unaffected by trends, buying past season's clothes at a huge discount reflects men's cognitive styles. I think Yoox particularly appeals to fashion conscious men who are looking for tools to help them accomplish stylistic goals. A study by Wharton marketing professor Stephan Hock, titled "Men Buy, Women Shop" is smart and telling. It suggests:
  • Why shop online: men are more oriented toward impersonal or individualistic goals , more task-oriented and focus on how well they are able to accomplish a task and find what they are looking for
  • Website types: men care more about functionality and are more likely to use a website as a tool
  • Attention: men tend to be more impulsive shoppers, care less for details
I think Yoox has gained a large loyal customer base because its price and product assortment are in a class of its own, which has a value that Yoox hasn't identified yet. I have an idea that's unprecedented for Yoox to capture this value while benefiting its members. :stirpot: Lastly, as the thread is about Yoox code I'll offer a couple of tips (relevant in the US) if you didn't already know:
  • never need to pay for regular shipping. When you can't meet the minimum spending requirement for free shipping, you could share any product image to your hidden pinterest board to get a free shipping code
  • retailmenot.com is a reliable resource for working promo codes. When Yoox is not offering any promotion sometimes RMN has exclusive codes. It also reveals information most people don't notice, which is the end date for free shipping and site wide promotions (the start date of the next round of promotion, e.g. from 40% to 50% off). The end dates are provided by Yoox employees and I find them usually accurate over a period of 2 years
too long to read, are u working for yoox or what? in my opinion u try to misinfo people by justifying yoox actions for whatever reason. anyway back to topic

robxznyc

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
US: Yoox has recently ended the sharing products through social media sites for a free shipping code program. Here's non-account specific code expiring May 28 for 15% off+free shipping, no minimum purchase required. "BLSTYLE"

Cheers

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads