• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I loaded up on the recent mark downs - some Bogliolis, Carusos, and Luigi Bianchi Mantova sport coats for about a $900 shipment:

• The Bogliolis were too short and snug (I love the brand but their fits span the spectrum - I've got some K's that are spot on and others that are "egads" short) but otherwise beautiful,especially at $209. I got one 50 jacket in two different fabrics, same make/model/fit, and there was a 1" difference in sleeves and body length and noticeably tighter torso between them. Go figure.
  • the Carusos were way too large (50s and 52s that both wore like 54s)
  • But one Luigi Bianchi Mantova was a winner - especially for $109. A mid gray wool+cashmere birdseye. Not a super fine piece, but very nice and seviceable. On the short side (I'm 6'3 and it just covers my rear)

Hope that helps somebody!

AE7

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for a feedback. This info is very useful for yooxers. May I ask what size was the LBM? Did pants fit match the jacket fit?

graydog

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that they won't give it to you if you just call. Ive only placed about 20-30 orders over the last year, but I've spent quit a bit of money. However, it's not that exciting. It seems like they allow to look at the "private rooms" around four times a year. Occasionally you get a special discount with your yooxcode, not often though. They give you a black superstar card that has your name on it and your yooxcode...but it really serves no purpose b/c your yooxcode is shown when you log into the website. When they send the yoox card, they include you a free gift...I got a nylon suit bag. Says "superstar" on it, so i'll never use it. You get access to the Yoox private line. Basically, if you have a question, you log into the website, enter your phone number, and they'll call you immediately. I have no idea why one would need to use this. If i have a question, I just pick up my phone and call them.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that they won't give it to you if you just call. Ive only placed about 20-30 orders over the last year, but I've spent quit a bit of money. However, it's not that exciting. It seems like they allow to look at the "private rooms" around four times a year. Occasionally you get a special discount with your yooxcode, not often though. They give you a black superstar card that has your name on it and your yooxcode...but it really serves no purpose b/c your yooxcode is shown when you log into the website. When they send the yoox card, they include you a free gift...I got a nylon suit bag. Says "superstar" on it, so i'll never use it. You get access to the Yoox private line. Basically, if you have a question, you log into the website, enter your phone number, and they'll call you immediately. I have no idea why one would need to use this. If i have a question, I just pick up my phone and call them.

Gray- what's your approx return to order ratio?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks a lot for a feedback. This info is very useful for yooxers. May I ask what size was the LBM? Did pants fit match the jacket fit?

No prob. Actually, the LBM was a 50 R6 and was a just a jacket not a suit, so I can't comment on the pants. By comparison, I'm an athletic slim 6'3 41R or L depending. This jacket fits me great in the shoulders and chest, it could stand to be a half inch longer but it's so nice otherwise (and such a steal) that I'm willing to ignore it. It covers my rear, but just barely. I happen to have a similar LBM jacket from GIlt two years ago that's also a 50R6 and fits identically (I tried them on back to back) except for the slightly shorter back in the newer one.

cv123

Reaction score
I return fairly frequently and have not had any problem so far with my superstar status. I think after the first round they tightened their belt so to speak- so the invitation may be less all around. It would not hurt to call and if you get a helpful representative they may further your case.

yywwyy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just wanted to say that I loaded up on the recent mark downs - some Bogliolis, Carusos, and Luigi Bianchi Mantova sport coats for about a $900 shipment:

• The Bogliolis were too short and snug (I love the brand but their fits span the spectrum - I've got some K's that are spot on and others that are "egads" short) but otherwise beautiful,especially at $209. I got one 50 jacket in two different fabrics, same make/model/fit, and there was a 1" difference in sleeves and body length and noticeably tighter torso between them. Go figure.
  • the Carusos were way too large (50s and 52s that both wore like 54s)
  • But one Luigi Bianchi Mantova was a winner - especially for $109. A mid gray wool+cashmere birdseye. Not a super fine piece, but very nice and seviceable. On the short side (I'm 6'3 and it just covers my rear)

boss!

Peurist

Reaction score
Just a note that there were drops on a random smattering of items today. Nothing particularly phenomenal.

AE7

Reaction score
Thanks!
I am 40L.
I once ordered an LBM 1911 jacket (not Lubiam or Luigi Bianchi Mantova) - its fit was more like 36-38 throughout. Is there difference in sizing in these lines(?) ?
The same with Boglioli, size 40, fit was 38.
Lardinis are used to be spot on. But I bought one suit in 40 - it was like 38.
Tombolini - suit size 40, fit 38. Overcoat size 42, fit 42 S.
May be it makes sense to size up and then go to tailor? If the maker is good and the price is low it is still a steal...

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I've had that happen with two Boglioli jackets. Same size, same style number, same fabric, different color.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LBM 1911 sizes are pretty spot on. I have purchased us34R(44IT) suit form yoox last month. It fits like a us34R. Fits me really well.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a couple of L.B.M 1911 jackets from the last years. They are all pretty short, more or less the same (slim) fit, the cotton ones more slim.

I'd like somebody to start a definitive thread on Boglioli jackets. I've got about 10 of them, but still cannot identify them easily on Yoox (Coat, K-Jacket, Dover, Wight, T. Suzuki & Kolor collab). I shopped in Milan last week and although many good deals on sale, still cannot beat the Yoox prices.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads