• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUN 29, 2015

GiantJakob

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find pants like these? I like how dressy they look and don't have a seam down the middle.
Thanks!

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find pants like these? I like how dressy they look and don't have a seam down the middle.
Thanks!

Welcome to the forum, GJ. Can't tell much about them except that they look like dark green chinos. Can't tell if the sheen is actually from the fabric or just the picture. Check out Epaulet Rivet chinos, they might have something you like.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a question
smile.gif

I live near Longview tx, so if anyone knows good places to go in the area, please let me know. On to my question!
I'm looking to build my first wardrobe that actually fits me properly and I am on a stricter budget. I've been reading tons of articles on how to get proper fit, but I'm still confused on something. Lately I've been looking into getting a nice blazer on ebay and I've been checking all the measurements... I fit into 46-48 short at the local stores (cheap stuff) but my chest measurement is actually about 50". all the actual chest measurements on the eBay listings for those sizes appear to be exactly what the chest size is. So my question is, should I be looking at jackets with at least 50 in the chest? Instead of the normal size I fit in at the department store? And should I leave a little extra in the chest? How much room do I need?

another question, as far as I can tell, my shoulders are about 19.5, and ask the jackets in my chest measurement seem to have 20.5-21.5 shoulder measurements... Do I just try to get as close as possible to 19.5?

Welcome to the forum, Anedae. You want a jacket that is about 3 inches bigger than your actual chest measurement. The shoulder measurement should be as close as possible. You will find that depending on how the shoulders are constructed, you will have a bit of an allowance + or -. Best of luck.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hello, I am seeking advice on how to wear business casual clothing without looking ridiculous.

What are several common, overlooked mistakes that we should avoid?

I will usually wear long-sleeved shirts, dark gray slacks and beige slacks. On hot days or at the end of the week I will switch it up with a tucked-in polo shirt and khaki pants.

Welcome to the forum, I9. How about you post a picture so we can give some feedback? If you're not comfortable with that, just take a picture of what your wearing on the floor...like a clothing grid. You can also check out this thread for some inspiration http://www.styleforum.net/t/253842/waywrn-classic-menswear-casual-style

ivandave

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum. I would like to ask if it is worth it to buy a Montblanc pen for office use. Most of the people i have meetings with have montblanc's and I just use a stainless cross pen.

I am in the office most of the time and wear suit (no tie) everyday. Not sure if investment in a good pen like Montblanc is worth it.

Last edited:

Oliver84

Reaction score
I just got a pair of Allen Edmonds Strands. I just wore them around the house and was wondering if it's normal for them to bow like they are. When I'm wearing them you don't notice it so I don't think it's a big deal. I just got worried because I would expect this after years of wearing them, but not after the first wear. What do you guys think?

I always thought I was a 9.5D but when I got fitted in the store, the guy said that a 9.5D had too much air and that I was definately a C. I can barely get my index finger in behind my heal, but I can get it there if I really try. The 10's that I tried gave a small bit of heal slip but these don't budge at all. Not sure if I'm paranoid about having the wrong size. I just don't really know how to tell. They feel firm but not painful. Definately not as comfortable as my 1 year old Florsheim's that are 9.5D but those definitely have more room inside to play.

Nas6034

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newbie to this but I found a tailor and they stated the fabric I bring them must be 100% worsted wool. I have some Zegna and Woodhouse fabric. How do I tell if it's 100% worsted wool?

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum. I would like to ask if it is worth it to buy a Montblanc pen for office use. Most of the people i have meetings with have montblanc's and I just use a stainless cross pen.

I am in the office most of the time and wear suit (no tie) everyday. Not sure if investment in a good pen like Montblanc is worth it.

Welcome to the forum, ivan. Everyone will have an opinion on this one...much like they will when it comes to expensive watches. These things are not necessary, but some people like them and choose to spend their money on them. For me, no way I would every buy a Montblanc.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newbie to this but I found a tailor and they stated the fabric I bring them must be 100% worsted wool. I have some Zegna and Woodhouse fabric. How do I tell if it's 100% worsted wool?

Welcome to the forum, Nas.

If you didn't get your fabric in a length like this, then just look at the fabric. Worsted is pretty smooth and slick. Woolen has some nap to it.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just got a pair of Allen Edmonds Strands. I just wore them around the house and was wondering if it's normal for them to bow like they are. When I'm wearing them you don't notice it so I don't think it's a big deal. I just got worried because I would expect this after years of wearing them, but not after the first wear. What do you guys think?

I always thought I was a 9.5D but when I got fitted in the store, the guy said that a 9.5D had too much air and that I was definately a C. I can barely get my index finger in behind my heal, but I can get it there if I really try. The 10's that I tried gave a small bit of heal slip but these don't budge at all. Not sure if I'm paranoid about having the wrong size. I just don't really know how to tell. They feel firm but not painful. Definately not as comfortable as my 1 year old Florsheim's that are 9.5D but those definitely have more room inside to play.

Welcome to the forum, Oliver. I'm pretty sure that's common with AE, but I don't know why....but the guys in this thread will http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread

Nas6034

Reaction score

Welcome to the forum, Nas. If you didn't get your fabric in a length like this, then just look at the fabric. Worsted is pretty smooth and slick. Woolen has some nap to it.
Thank you for your prompt response. I will look at it much closer today. I hope it's okay to post a follow-up here.

Nas6034

Reaction score

Please advise if these are worsted? Also, is there a guide to buying wool fabric for suiting and pricing? And any recommendations of where to go in NYC to purchase?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads