• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

need street shoe recommendation

hrvatsko

Reaction score
i'm in need of some new shoes and the ones i see recommended on here are either adidas/puma/<insert huge brand logo on shoe here> or just inappropriate to wear casually with denim. i'm surprised there isn't more discussion here on shoes. anyone here have any recommendations for a casual streetwear shoe that doesn't have a logo? there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not my style.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hrvatsko
i'm in need of some new shoes and the ones i see recommended on here are either adidas/puma/<insert huge brand logo on shoe here> or just inappropriate to wear casually with denim. i'm surprised there isn't more discussion here on shoes. anyone here have any recommendations for a casual streetwear shoe that doesn't have a logo? there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not my style.

Considered boots? What sort of things do you usually wear?

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Common Projects. I have the Achilles in white. No logo, beautiful leather and the most comfortable sneakers I've ever worn.

hrvatsko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Considered boots? What sort of things do you usually wear?

i have a pair of doc marten boots (old and falling apart, although they were made in the uk) but i feel like they don't look at all right with my rag & bone jeans. what boots did you have in mind? i'm looking for shoes/boots i'd wear exclusively with denim, but nice enough to wear out to a bar/club once in awhile.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All sorts. Chukka boots, country boots (not western boots - the English type) chealsea (dealer) boots, combat boots, jodphur boots, tanker boots.

Reaction score
I just ordered these Alden AF60 black shell cordovan captoe boots with commando soles for use in the office and at the pub:

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
I just ordered these Alden AF60 black shell cordovan captoe boots with commando soles for use in the office and at the pub:
You know, those look pretty nice!
thumbs-up.gif
Today I am wearing the Polo Tarlton II boots (double buckled). Ouch! $515 retail
crazy.gif
Did you get them somewhere cheaper?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, those are some serious looking boots. Looks like something you could be burried in.

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Go for some Nike Dunks. Great color ways and easy to find, if you know where to look.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
SHHHH!!!! My wife is right next to me. (I paid retail. I just won't buy any boots for 17 years... should come out in the wash)

ROTFL

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I'm surprised myself that aren't that many shoe guys on here as well. Love the jv chucks, the perfect comfy sneak to dress up and there is a nice variation in colors and textures like suede, corduroy and hemp (these are not jv hence cheaper). The construction is better and the shoes have more heft than standard chucks. Love the no laces look also. This is what I have

I also have these also to go with my brown herringbone blazer

3034-195796-p.jpg

I have these navy suedes

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics