Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

need street shoe recommendation

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by hrvatsko, Jul 14, 2006.

1. hrvatsko

hrvatsko Active Member

i'm in need of some new shoes and the ones i see recommended on here are either adidas/puma/<insert huge brand logo on shoe here> or just inappropriate to wear casually with denim. i'm surprised there isn't more discussion here on shoes. anyone here have any recommendations for a casual streetwear shoe that doesn't have a logo? there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not my style.

2. skalogre

skalogre Distinguished Member

i'm in need of some new shoes and the ones i see recommended on here are either adidas/puma/<insert huge brand logo on shoe here> or just inappropriate to wear casually with denim. i'm surprised there isn't more discussion here on shoes. anyone here have any recommendations for a casual streetwear shoe that doesn't have a logo? there's nothing wrong with it, it's just not my style.

Considered boots? What sort of things do you usually wear?

3. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera Distinguished Member

Common Projects. I have the Achilles in white. No logo, beautiful leather and the most comfortable sneakers I've ever worn.

4. hrvatsko

hrvatsko Active Member

Considered boots? What sort of things do you usually wear?

i have a pair of doc marten boots (old and falling apart, although they were made in the uk) but i feel like they don't look at all right with my rag & bone jeans. what boots did you have in mind? i'm looking for shoes/boots i'd wear exclusively with denim, but nice enough to wear out to a bar/club once in awhile.

5. skalogre

All sorts. Chukka boots, country boots (not western boots - the English type) chealsea (dealer) boots, combat boots, jodphur boots, tanker boots.

6. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

I just ordered these Alden AF60 black shell cordovan captoe boots with commando soles for use in the office and at the pub: [​IMG]

7. skalogre

I just ordered these Alden AF60 black shell cordovan captoe boots with commando soles for use in the office and at the pub: [​IMG]
    You know, those look pretty nice! [​IMG] Today I am wearing the Polo Tarlton II boots (double buckled). Ouch! $515 retail [​IMG] Did you get them somewhere cheaper?

8. DNW

DNW Stylish Dinosaur

Damn, those are some serious looking boots. Looks like something you could be burried in.

9. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior Member

Go for some Nike Dunks. Great color ways and easy to find, if you know where to look.

10. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

Ouch! $515 retail [​IMG] Did you get them somewhere cheaper?
    SHHHH!!!! My wife is right next to me. (I paid retail. I just won't buy any boots for 17 years... should come out in the wash)

11. skalogre

SHHHH!!!! My wife is right next to me. (I paid retail. I just won't buy any boots for 17 years... should come out in the wash)

ROTFL

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

I'm surprised myself that aren't that many shoe guys on here as well. Love the jv chucks, the perfect comfy sneak to dress up and there is a nice variation in colors and textures like suede, corduroy and hemp (these are not jv hence cheaper). The construction is better and the shoes have more heft than standard chucks. Love the no laces look also. This is what I have

I also have these also to go with my brown herringbone blazer

[​IMG]

I have these navy suedes
    [​IMG]

13. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Distinguished Member

Doc Martens though out of fashion are still stylish streetwear.