• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need an overcoat quick! (Toronto)

Timeless&Toronto

Reaction score
Hello Gents,

First time poster at Style Forum.

A little background: I will be soon attending interviews at a few Ontario medical schools, and I need a knee-length overcoat, preferably in black or navy.

I realize that my timing isn't ideal, but alas, that is the fate of the chronic procrastinator!

I've attached an image of the type of overcoat that I'm interested in acquiring:

mens-croydon-cashmere-overcoat-1.jpg

Sans the model, it appears like so (see attached file).

In terms of budget, I'm not really sure as I've never purchased an overcoat prior. Of course, the cheaper the better, but I'd rather avoid comprising on style/quality if possible.

Oh, and if not clear as of yet, I'm located in Toronto (specifically North York) and therefore am looking for any stores in the general vicinity which may have such an item.

Many thanks in advance for any assistance.

Cheers

T&T

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would think your timing is great - I see a lot of these on sale as end-of-season close outs. Check the standard Brooks Brothers, JCrew, Barneys. Unless you need to pick it up today, you should be able to get 2 or 3 day shipping.

trader

Reaction score
how much do you want to spend?

you could check out the harry rosen outlet at heartland

nringo

Reaction score
Check out Ralph Lauren (the stores and not what they have at macys, etc). I bought the howard navy overcoat for $500 USD, which was down from retail of $1300. They might still have some left, its a great coat.

pajames

Reaction score
You might try O'connells. Their service is truly excellent and the prices were just lowered. I ordered on Mon and it arrived at my door on Wed. I got a British Warm but I seem to remember a Navy one.

Pressfan

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers at Royal Bank Plaza has overcoats on sale and prices are reduced 50%. You might be able to find something there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics