• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Necktie Knot Crowns by Eric Glennie

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whose sockpuppet are you?

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel reminded of the time when I was a scout (and I'm not the oldest guy...):
cub-scout-uniform-3.gif

To curse you all, the allmighty made that I am born today rather than the MIddle Ages because I would be thrown in jail, my balls lit on fire, and holes drilled in my head for my never-seen before , out of the box, vision.
However, I fixed that according to the general oppinion.
I underlined the part like best.

eric glennie

Reaction score
The necktie knot crown is for a necktie, not a scarf or handerchief.

I like the contrasting look of the necktie knot with the tongue which cannot be shown with a handerchief or scarf in their respective accessories

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this thread would be better off in DT. J, would you care to move it?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eric glennie
The necktie knot crown is for a necktie, not a scarf or handerchief.

I like the contrasting look of the necktie knot with the tongue which cannot be shown with a handerchief or scarf in their respective accessories

But do you understand that there is nothing innovative by (1) calling it a "crown "and (2) simply using the crown for a tie instead of a scarf or handkerchief? Hate to break it to you, but simply changing applications of something already well known is not innovative.

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow he might advertise vacum cleaners as the rubber dolls of the 21st century, just because he used it the same way.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
But do you understand that there is nothing innovative by (1) calling it a "crown "and (2) simply using the crown for a tie instead of a scarf or handkerchief? Hate to break it to you, but simply changing applications of something already well known is not innovative.

I think the more pressing question is whether you realize you're arguing earnestly with a troll.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eric... exactly how many clothing forums are you trolling at once? I googled you and counted like 10, although I have no idea how many have banned you yet.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I think the more pressing question is whether you realize you're arguing earnestly with a troll.

+1... I think eg is probably the most involved, elaborate, and patient sockpuppet (can we really call him a troll???) in SF's history. The sheer amount of time involved to come up with some of these "creations" almost makes one wonder if there isn't some sort of Conceptual Art project involved that we'll see chronicled at MOCA in the months to come.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
+1... I think eg is probably the most involved, elaborate, and patient sockpuppet (can we really call him a troll???) in SF's history. The sheer amount of time involved to come up with some of these "creations" almost makes one wonder if there isn't some sort of Conceptual Art project involved that we'll see chronicled at MOCA in the months to come.

You're right. Sock puppet is more accurate.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc

He is truly a troll of Howard-esqure proportions.

Originally Posted by lawyerdad
You're right. Sock puppet is more accurate.

Whats the difference between a troll and a sock puppet?

Tcameron

Reaction score
I know we're supporting EG by replying constantly - but I saw this Prada ad the other day in a magazine and immediately thought of EG. Here it is. - Hilarious!
2wp2t6x.jpg

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can't really see it... is it two collars? Anyway, Prada's runway collections and seasonal items tend to run the gamut from nice, simply basics to weird, 24th century space suits that look like something the Romulans from Star Trek would wear. I think the above is probably the latter...

Anyway, Fidel, I'll let "the experts" give a better definition, but I think that a troll is there simply to stir up trouble (for example, in the first post saying "OMG you guys I am so kool I just paid $500 for Ed Hardy Jeans! You guys who say Ed Hardy isn't cool SUCK! And I wear them with my $800 DSquared sneakers and I pay retail you poor suckers!") whereas a sockpuppet is a longstanding member's alter-ego... sort of the Mr. Hyde to their Dr. Jeckyll... which gives them the chance to say things they normally wouldn't or have a bit of fun with other members.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eric glennie
...... Thank My God that I am born today rather than the MIddle Ages because I would be thrown in jail, my balls lit on fire, and holes drilled in my head for my never-seen before , out of the box, vision.
I know where you got your idea... google b*ll ring.
S&M much?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads