• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

    The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

    If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Necktie Knot Crowns by Eric Glennie

eric glennie

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
517
Reaction score
1
Covering the tie knot with a little bling.

Not only is eg one of the most innovative designers in the history of menswear, I am also one of the most innovative fashion stylists in the world today. The fashion world take notice because Eric GLennie has enough innovation for 20 years of revolutionary styles. Stylists should invent new looks, not rehash old news.

What would the world be today if Bill Gates was born 100 years ago or Henry Ford was designing cars in the MIddle Ages. Innovative ideas born beyond their time. My work will not be understood for many years. Thank My God that I am born today rather than the MIddle Ages because I would be thrown in jail, my balls lit on fire, and holes drilled in my head for my never-seen before , out of the box, vision.
 

celery

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2007
Messages
2,290
Reaction score
164
Originally Posted by eric glennie
Thank My God that I am born today rather than the MIddle Ages because I would be thrown in jail, my balls lit on fire, and holes drilled in my head for my never-seen before , out of the box, vision.


Oh my, that sounds quite unpleasant.


However, I'm sure that you would dazzle the middle ages with your given magical gift. I'd actually like to see Mr. Glennie design the costumes for the next Harry Potter movie.
 

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2007
Messages
1,200
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by eric glennie
Covering the tie knot with a little bling.

Not only is eg one of the most innovative designers in the history of menswear, I am also one of the most innovative fashion stylists in the world today. The fashion world take notice because Eric GLennie has enough innovation for 20 years of revolutionary styles. Stylists should invent new looks, not rehash old news.

What would the world be today if Bill Gates was born 100 years ago or Henry Ford was designing cars in the MIddle Ages. Innovative ideas born beyond their time. My work will not be understood for many years. Thank My God that I am born today rather than the MIddle Ages because I would be thrown in jail, my balls lit on fire, and holes drilled in my head for my never-seen before , out of the box, vision.


Oh, come on Glennie.

20 years ago we were drunk at a party. There were serviette rings. Drunck as we were we push it over the tie (some guys probably pushed it over other things) . That's it.

What is next? No, don't tell us.
 

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
4,326
Reaction score
44
Ummm... your invention is that you took the most aesthetically pleasing part of the tie - and replaced it with a piece of plastic piping you found in your basement... Awesome!
I guess there's a market for your new invention. Perhaps people who want the look of what Willsw pointed out, but just not as attractive. I thought you were banned. Did you bribe J with some of your shirts in exchange for your reinstatement?
 

jkw

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2008
Messages
310
Reaction score
2
So do you just kinda stuff your tie through that ugly plastic crap and hide the beauty of a well tied knot?
 

Style Pontifex

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2008
Messages
264
Reaction score
0
Two questions:

1. Where can I buy one of these beauties?

2. How much do they cost?
 

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Mar 14, 2006
Messages
15,022
Reaction score
1,107
p. gliddy... you've outdone yourself this time. You need to encrust one of these with Swarovski crystals to get a true "blinged out" effect. Just my opinion, of course...
 

eric glennie

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
517
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by Style Pontifex
Two questions:

1. Where can I buy one of these beauties?

2. How much do they cost?


Gentlemen, Its the idea to cover the necktie knot for men , not for womens scarves. Stylists get paid to shop for clothes for their clients and I am showing my idea for free so that every man or woman, not just the rich, can design for themselves to feel stylish.


You can try this at home! simply go into your basement shop and find a piece of copper pipe that is the size of your liking. Bring the prototype to your local jeweler and design your own piece of neck bling . make it of Gold or Platinum~ Put diamonds, rubies, shape it, stampit, or dowhatever you like. Just an idea for a mans necktie, not a scarf.

This is the styleforum and I am showing you my STYLE>
 

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2004
Messages
4,953
Reaction score
202
Originally Posted by eric glennie
This is the styleforum and I am showing you my STYLE>

Again? Is there no end?
 

eric glennie

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
517
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by jkw
So do you just kinda stuff your tie through that ugly plastic crap and hide the beauty of a well tied knot?

No, You think superficially. Design is a process, not a product. Design is subjective, not objective.

I think a necktie crown would look fantastic in a marbled, blown glass.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

  • Classic Leather Low-Top

  • Canvas Plimsoll

  • Leather Slip-On

  • Canvas Slip-On

  • Athletic Kicks

  • Leather High-Top


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
435,893
Messages
9,367,469
Members
196,564
Latest member
robat19
Top