• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikey34
Yeah, how do you guys wanna do the money situation?

here are the people who paid. We got 9 guys so $180 bucks in the pot.

1.mikey34/mikey34
2.sexandcandy/soowoop
3.odd morsel/fobb deep
4.hroi/hroi
5.rfx45/I me mine
6.bob_gnarly/sour grapes
7.bdeuce22/$20 donator
8.thats.mana/thats.mana
9.steveb

I paid, Bad Newz Kennelz.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm in such a bad position for next week, especially if Gordon or Gay doesn't come back. I will be going against players that has beaten me, one of them twice, in the regular season.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
I'm in such a bad position for next week, especially if Gordon or Gay doesn't come back. I will be going against players that has beaten me, one of them twice, in the regular season.

bigstar[1].gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
bigstar[1].gif

I know, I thought you were donating the $20. What happened there?
frown.gif

Nothing against Mikey but I'm really surprised he got to second place and almost beat me to first, I only won because i have more ties than him. If anyone was going to overtake me, I thought it would be BadNewsKennelz or Soowoop. Injuries just really killed me this past few weeks and I'm really screwed if none of them comes back strong next week.

mikey34

Reaction score
My bad Marley, I thought I had put everyone down who paid. I'll take your word for it and ad you to the list of payees.

RFX- I'm a little surprised about my team too, I didn't think I would finish so high. I guess my later round picks and waiver wire guys really payed off for me this season.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yah you got freaking Lowry! Dude was a steal, stupid report said Brooks was returning so I didn't pick him up then they eventually end up trading him. Then you picked up Jennings and was like
ffffuuuu.gif
Edit: damn you Soowoop, Henderson was my dude, was saving him in case anyone of my players bombs or doesn't return. I was actually surprised he was flying under the radar for a while there.
lol8[1].gif

sexandcandy

Reaction score
Dude I was pissed because I was the one who had Lowry first and dropped him when Brooks came back
ffffuuuu.gif
But I think mikey played dead teams the last few weeks so won like 8-2 if i'm not mistaken.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Funny you mentioned that, I though BDeuce ($20 Donator) wasn't active the last week since he didn't play 2 players on Monday and I thought it would be smooth sailing and then all of a sudden I saw on Tuesday that all his players were set for the whole week and I knew I was fucked.

mikey34

Reaction score
yeah Lowry was a steal! Thanks for dropping him candy
fistbump.gif
lol. and you're right the last few weeks I played dead teams and won 8-2 or better which helped out a lot.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
I didn't care for Henderson at first because he was doing it w/o SJax but the past 2 games he's been great (but no 3s) so I figured I'd take my chances with him.

I don't think I have a good shot at #winning though. Lost my best rebounder in Noah and need a lot of help in 3s and FT%.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You still got Humphires dude, he's been scoring double figures and blocking like crazy, Kardashian must be giving some nice... nvm.

You also got Hansborough, I was actually considering him but I needed rebounds more than scoring so I picked up Evans instead. Cambys back too so I think you're good to go in rebounds, you, Kennelz and I are on the top of def reb and second in off reb so I wouldn't worry about it.

sexandcandy

Reaction score
I need Millsap back though. Yeah I was happy when Favors got traded but Camby hasn't been the same since coming back from injury. Afflalo is injured and isn't putting up his old numbers post-deadline.

Good grab on Evans. He's a rebounding machine. I didn't think he'd get much burn once he got back but w/ all the injury to the TOR bigs he's getting good minutes. Rebounding is 2 categories in our league so he could be key for your team.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Evans single handedly won me the off reb last week.
lol8[1].gif
If I had him for his first game back, I might have won def reb last week too. I am worried that Amir Johnson might take some of his playing time but I got a week to plan and see. At least Perkins is back, although it seemed like he tweaked his back already. I just hate these injuries like Gordon or Gay, I rather they tell me they are out for good so I could drop them already and pick someone up instead of me waiting on them whether they'll return or not. Gay is still hurting and Gordon will miss an extra 7-10 days but damn, I don't want to drop them and then they return and bite me ********** in the end. Also, Camby may not be the same as he was but he is taking away all the rebounds from Aldridge so that may play a key role if I run to you in the playoffs or might just prevent me from moving on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads