• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

its like the team doesn't really care if they lose to finals contenders, but if they made the game competitive so they can practice crunch time playoff-situations.

i think there's a lot of truth to this. and i think it explains the lakers up/down syndrome over the last few years. when you are just a championship contender, you work like every game counts. once you've won won (or two or three), you realize that it's a hella long season and that the real goal is just being in good enough position to have a decent seed in the playoffs. fans care about these mid-season games (i almost through a beer through my tv set last night), but i think the player perspective is different.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That was a horrible game for the Lakers

+1.
Kobe starts out something like 1-7, but just keeps shooting. :confused:
He ended up 8-26. While Bynum and Gasol ended up with 50 point shooting 21-32. LA also needs to stop shooting 3s all together. 3-22 from the 3pt line. :brick:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Black Mamba who? it's black Zorro now.
pxk1f.jpg

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Celtics being slaughtered right now.

back to backs after an OT game for the old and decrepit team against a youthful defensive strong running team = 95% of losing.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

God damn, Lakers.....GOD DAMN
Also, **** YOU ENTIRE TEAM

well they are playing a back to back after an Overtime game too right? old players thinking "*******" lets just dog it once they are down.

Rivey

Reaction score
Lakers blew a 21 point lead and lost. to.the.WIZARDS.:cloud:
Maybe it is time to blow up this team.

Rivey

Reaction score
Also, IMO, many of the problems with Lin's game are a matter of experience. I think people are too hard on the guy, and I don't understand why ESPN makes it a point to include TO's in Lin's stat line. Lin is not the only PG who turns over the ball. I believe Russell Westbrook is one of the league leaders in TO's, and ESPN does not include TO's in his stat line.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

God damn, Lakers.....GOD DAMN
Also, **** YOU ENTIRE TEAM

Pathetic. Up by 21, game in hand, and some guy named Trevor Booker on a 9-win team beats them.

Big Game James: "The Lakers have a serious virus. This team needs to de-bugged. This is serious." Big Game has not been happy lately.

Saul Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tony Parker with 23 @ halftime against the Knicks. I take it Lin's been guarding him most of the time?

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, IMO, many of the problems with Lin's game are a matter of experience. I think people are too hard on the guy, and I don't understand why ESPN makes it a point to include TO's in Lin's stat line. Lin is not the only PG who turns over the ball. I believe Russell Westbrook is one of the league leaders in TO's, and ESPN does not include TO's in his stat line.

the problem with Lin is that he's not doing things "asian" enough.

For example... here is Lin trying to execute an "asian squat":

jeremylin_squat.jpg

but its not an "asian" enough of an asian squat:

squat.gif

i'm not being racist too... even white people can do the asian squat:

1.1256481455.1_asian-squat.jpg

what Lin is doing is just a regular "western squat"

stock-photo-man-squatting-on-the-sand-30958921.jpg

asian squat needs complete foot contact and complete relaxation:

Asian+Squat+2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads