• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lin for the win. His jumper was good tonight when the Lakers sagged and dared him to shoot. Impressive win for the Knicks.
What is up with the Lakers? They have 2 great big men but never dump it inside.

two words... Mike Brown! :crackup:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
******* greatest sports story i can remember. am starting to think he can average 16/8 a game

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha my friends and i have been calling him that for a long time :x

this is actually turning out to be interesting...

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely good for the NBA. And at just the right time with NFL season ending. I just hope the Tebow comparisons stop. I've heard enough about Tebow already...

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

******* greatest sports story i can remember. am starting to think he can average 16/8 a game

+1

This dude was the HS Player of the Year in the entire state of CA. How can he not get a D1 scholarship? You'd have to be the most ignorant crusty old white scout type of dude to be like "I have no idea if he can run fast but I will bet he can't before I ever have any objective evaluation of his speed. Besides, that Black kid whats his name has nice calves, I want him on my team"

Also, is it just me or is there a **** ton of weird race-coded commentary during the games? "Sneaky, clever," etc. The dude is 200 lb and looks as explosive, as fast, and as agile as any other 6-3 dude I have seen in the NBA (with the exception of a few like BD in his prime). They keep comparing his athleticism to Steve Nash, can steve nash dunk?

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1
This dude was the HS Player of the Year in the entire state of CA. How can he not get a D1 scholarship? You'd have to be the most ignorant crusty old white scout type of dude to be like "I have no idea if he can run fast but I will bet he can't before I ever have any objective evaluation of his speed. Besides, that Black kid whats his name has nice calves, I want him on my team"
Also, is it just me or is there a **** ton of weird race-coded commentary during the games? "Sneaky, clever," etc. The dude is 200 lb and looks as explosive, as fast, and as agile as any other 6-3 dude I have seen in the NBA (with the exception of a few like BD in his prime). They keep comparing his athleticism to Steve Nash, can steve nash dunk?

because nash is the next nerdiest looking PG in the NBA.

oh and "5'10" soccer players can't be in the NBA! *herp derp*

i keep forgetting that sports is still dialed into analog thinking.

Last edited:

overdog

Reaction score

A significant reason that Lin is blowing up as much as he is, is of his race. The others are his basketball abilities and the fact that he is in NY, and to a lesser extent, that he went to Harvard. Yet you will notice some commentators make an effort to paint the underdog story strictly from the Harvard perspective, rather than from the Asian-American perspective, because of all the pressure to be politically correct. It's hard to avoid noticing race. It's part of reality.

Ron Artest says some wacky things, but he actually spoke truthfully and frankly in a recent interview, rather than sidestep the Asian-American issue:

Q: What do you think about all the attention he's getting on Twitter?

A: I think it’s good because it’s a first. It’s the first time. It’s just not normal to see an Asian-American in the NBA, and he’s the first. (Actually, he's the fourth. But who's counting.) And it’s great because Asian-Americans play a whole lot of basketball throughout America. You see it all the time. How many Asian-Americans do you see playing basketball in the street who actually want to play in the NBA? I’m assuming there’s a lot of them. And he did what it takes to play, and he’s a role model. Good in school, he’s a role model all the way around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads