1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

2. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Ugh, was really hoping the Pacer or Sixers make it out of the East. Now it looks like we might see a Spurs vs. Celtics finals, old vs old.
    To keep it interesting, I'll root for OKC though. Going for the young team over the old. Lets go Thundaaaahhhh!!!!!

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

:( me too i was hoping for okc pacers or okc sixers

celtics spurs would make me fuuuuuuuuuu. same old shit all over again

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Lakers Baby Lakers

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

i think i said OKC - Heat in the finals earlier, but i can't find my post. that prediction has a good chance of being true if Bosh can come back for the Celtics. otherwise, forget it.

that was a weird game. Indiana completely lost their shit and played a completely different game, while at the same time letting the Heat get right into theirs. i got no problem with Haslem clocking the shit out of Hansborough - it was a response to a really bad foul by someone with a reputation for instigating opponents since his days at UNC. also, i get the sense that the Heat players had been more annoyed with the bullshit intimidation tactics by Granger than they'd let on in the media, and i guess it all boiled over.

the Pittman flying elbow on Stephenson, however, was absolutely inexcusable. dude needs a long suspension.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  6. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

ya... Indy just looked out of sorts... :paranoia:

7. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

72k miles? Hard to believe that is his, maybe it his moms he bought under his name.
    Dude travels around the US for 9 months out of the year and not to mention the Summer Olympics. So this dude is rarely home and likely get driven from and to most places. He also likely has a fleet of other cars he drives so no way he would incur 72k miles on one car by himself.

8. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement

as nice as it would have been to land cp3, i really think battier would have been a great addition. tough, smart defender. team player but not afraid to take a shot when he's open.

9. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Maybe he lets some of his buddies drive it around.

10. thinman

thinman Senior member

Sloan would be perfect for the Clips! Not only could he teach Paul and Griffin how to run the pick-and-roll a la Stockton and Malone, but he doesn't take any BS, so he'd force Griffin to grow up and work on his game.

I'm not sure what the Lakers need, other than a new coach (I've never been a Mike Brown fan, as I've posted before), a point guard, a couple 3-point shooters, a lock-down defender, and a legitimate bench. Can they find all that, or even most of it, this off-season? And why didn't Troy Murphy play more this year? He's been a legitimate double-figures rebounder who can hit 3-point shots. It seems to me he should have been first off the bench to spell Pau or Bynum (when Bynum comes out, move Pau to center and let Murphy play the 4).

I'm looking forward to the OKC-San Antonio series. The winner should be the NBA champs, given Bosh's injury.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

That Wade-Handborough-Haslem flagrant were BS. Wade whines about it when Hansborough was clearly going for the ball, he pumped and that's why Tyler missed and hit his head. This the same dude who busted up Kobes nose in the ASG and then he complains about this shit? Fucking grow some balls.

And that Haslem hit on Psycho T was certainly intentional. Dude went straight to the face. When I thought I couldn't hate the Heat even more.

Can't believe the OKC/Spurs get so much rest. Why does game 1 start on Sunday? That is 5 days of rest, 6 days for the Spurs.

12. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I am not looking to excuse what Haslem did, but remember who started all this shit. Indiana, specifically Vogel and Granger, had been chirping and escalating this since even before the series started - through the media and on the floor. and then Hansbrough hits Wade like that - I don't care if it was intentional, he came down with enough force to draw blood - there is absolutely no reason to exert that much downward force trying to block a shot. he's always been one of those players who plays out of control and ends up getting under peoople's skin. UNC fans love his psycho T persona, but you wouldn't want to be on the same floor as him catching elbows and knees or worse.

so the Heat had to send a message that they'd had enough. telling Granger on the floor and through the media before the game to cut this shit out didn't work. so Haslem sent the message. if you think it was excessive, fine. if he's suspended next game, so be it. but the message had to be sent somehow. even David West said he understood what Haslem was trying to do.

btw, Wade is a whiner for taking exception when someone busts his head open? are you fucking kidding me??

13. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Yeah, he is. It's the damn playoffs, no fucking excuses.

Wade clearly pumped the ball, if he didn't move it the ball would have been blocked. Hansborough just missed it and hit his head. It was a little blood. Just like when blockers get dunked on, you drive in the lane, expect to get hit once in a while. It certainly didn't look intentional.

Griffins tooth came through his lips and no complaints, no whining. Got two stitches outside and inside his lips, dude was even forced to go to the locker room and get stitched, he wanted to stay out there. Wades was an accident, same as Griffins so stop complaining and play the game and no point in whining about it afterwards, the game is over, time to move on to the next.

And did Kobe complain when Wade broke his nose in the All Star Game, an All Star Game for gods sake?

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  14. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

lol, so a one-liner is "whining". ok then, I guess everyone in the league is a whiner. remember that these guys are being interviewed and that statement is probably in response to a question about his reaction to being fouled and injured. I'd like to know how you think he could possibly answer a question like that truthfully and not be consided a "whiner" in your book

15. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Dude obviously implying it was intentional, come on now. Plus that was a snippet I used as an example. He also said:

Afraid of a little contact? Just can't take it when dude does shit himself but when the tables are turned dude complains like he's never played ball before. This guy beat the Mavs in the Finals by driving in the lane and getting those fouls and once he gets hit a bit harder he complains.

1 person likes this.
  16. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Come to LA Sloan, PLEASE!!!! There is no hope for the Bobcats!

17. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

well I think it was intentional, or at least excessive and out of control. you disagree. we both saw it on TV, who knows what it looked like in person and real time. getting hit pissed him off, and he made a comment when asked, and you don't want to cut him any slack because you hate the Heat.

you are also taking the tough guy quote way out of context. that was what he told Granger for his continued posturing and getting in people's face and attempting to escalate everything into a confrontation or fight. had nothing to do with Hansbrough.

the only thing I regret about all these fracases is that it will be tough in game 6 without Bosh or Haslem if he gets suspended. oh, and Pittman's foul was a complete embarrassment

18. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

Pacers are going to be down some guys too, injury and/or suspensions.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

And dude winked on the camera after the foul. Dude gave away that he did it on purpose, if I were Stern, I'd suspend dude the rest of the playoffs. At least Haslem and Tyler can make the defense that wasn't intentional but Pittman is just as immature as Bynum, maybe more since they were actually winning the game/series.