• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naked and famous denim

juhan

Reaction score
iirc, the LHT's measurements are larger than the usual. im sure you can do even a 31 in the skinnyguy LHT if you're on a slimmer build.
they will stretch, not much and depends on what you do in them. if you're worried, just wear a belt.

4characters

Reaction score
N&F Organic selvedge with natural indigo...
They are basically nice jeans. The natural indigo color is really nice.

This is what they will look like...

Last edited:

zrnk

Reaction score
Someone want to help me size a pair of Skinny Guys?

There is a pair in size 32 (natural indigos) I wanted to get. However I tried on a pair of 510s in 32 the other day and they were kind of too tight.

Would I be fine getting the Skinny Guy in 32 regardless? Do they even fit similarly to 510s? And I imagine they would stretch out more than a pair of Levi's right?

4characters

Reaction score
^ Which cut are those? I remember looking for a pair in Weird Guy and not being able to find any. (They look great, BTW!)
Thanks, they are Weird Guy fit.

mistahdabolina

Reaction score

Someone want to help me size a pair of Skinny Guys?

There is a pair in size 32 (natural indigos) I wanted to get. However I tried on a pair of 510s in 32 the other day and they were kind of too tight.

Would I be fine getting the Skinny Guy in 32 regardless? Do they even fit similarly to 510s? And I imagine they would stretch out more than a pair of Levi's right?

ok so the general rule(take it with a grain of salt) is to go tts on skinny guys and down 1-2 on weird guys. Some people like to go tts on wg's but they are usually a bit bigger in the waist. Id best describe the skinny guys as a 511 fit, theyre skinny but not ball dick ass skinny as 510's. weird guys on the other hand would be some 513's. As always your best bet is to go into the store and try a pair on if possible. and look up the size charts on BlueOwl if you cant, that will probably help you the most if you are shopping online
Im a 32 in my skinny guys as well as the 511 fit. as far as the weird guys im a 30. s

I feel like ive answered this question before. not to sound like a douche, next time go a couple of pages back to do some "research".

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As our summer in Seattle fades away to grey skies and rain, over here at Blue Owl we have a sneak peak at Naked & Famous' new fabrics that we're happy to share. Their collection for this coming year is another case of their ingenuity and bold creativity that we've all come to expect. Here are a couple of our favorites that we're excited to carry for this Spring, first delivery expected in early December:

Deep Indigo Stretch Selvedge. Very soft, comfy, 11.5oz fabric that is stretchy while retaining the selvedge detail and strong contrast fading (similar to the 100% cotton deep indigo). Super Skinny Guy, Skinny Guy, and Weird Guy.

Red Stretch Selvedge. Very bright, vibrant color that is perfect for sunny months. Super Skinny Guy and Weird Guy.

White/Black Selvedge. A white warp with black weft selvedge denim that gives an amazing and unique look. The fabric has a grey speckle to it that hides dirt making it easier to wear than a standard all-white denim. Skinny Guy and Weird Guy.

Charcoal Selvedge. Charcoal warp with a white weft for a very cool grey we've never seen before. Skinny Guy and Weird Guy.

Lightweight Natural Indigo Selvedge. A light summery denim with a beautiful vintage color. Same fabric as the current 10oz Lightweight Selvedge, but in a natural indigo color. Skinny Guy and Weird Guy.

Heavy Soft Selvedge. A nice, heavy, 19oz denim that is very soft and comfortable on the inside. However, don't let "soft" fool you, the fabric is still very stiff! This heavy fabric will fade incredibly, and will most likely be our most popular of the coming collection. Skinny Guy, Weird Guy, and Slim Guy.

Wax Coated Selvedge. Regular 12.5oz indigo denim with a shiny wax coating. The wax coating will fade from a gloss to a matte over time. Skinny Guy and Weird Guy.

Green Weft Selvedge. Indigo warp with a green weft that creates a cool sea foam color on the surface. Yet another denim to add to Naked & Famous' colored wefts collection! Weird Guy.​

Matthieu

Reaction score
Some interesting styles there, but I can't help but notice that the only Slim Guys for next summer is a 19oz super heavy denim. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere once again.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that new slim guy the new cut with the more tapered hem?

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Some interesting styles there, but I can't help but notice that the only Slim Guys for next summer is a 19oz super heavy denim. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere once again.

There are other Slim Guys, but this is the most interesting fabric available. There will also be wax coated selvedge, an indigo/indigo, pineapple chambray selvedge, a few chinos, and several basic fabrics.

Is that new slim guy the new cut with the more tapered hem?

Any new production as of right now is the updated fit. Okayama Spririt for example is one of the new fabrics for F/W and was made in the updated fit, this one should be released in October.

Matthieu

Reaction score
I also though I'd mention I really like the cut of the new zip jackets. I like the slightly longer length it has over their button jacket and it really fits me very well (except being a slightly bit tight when driving with two hands on the wheel). Of course, it helps that it is also quite nice looking.

I got the Simons' exclusive one, made with Blanket-Lined Denim.

swpkr89

Reaction score
New to the quality denim thing, sorry to noob up the thread but as far as i can tell from my research, the N&F weird guys in a standard indigo finish seem like a really good value for money/versatile/quality place to start. The problem is there's no local stockists so I'll have to order online and I'm concerned about sizing. I'm quite slim, 5'7" and 135lbs so I don't want to get anything too big but the problem is I don't like super skinny stuff either, feels like it's showing off my chicken legs too much. I want something that's comfortable, and that fits as well as possible without noticably being "skinny" or drawing attention to my slender legs. Are the weird guys a good fir for this or should I go with slim guy?

Also I'm not sure if I should go with the 28s or 29s. Current jeans I have that fit ok are 30-31" waist, 10-11" thigh, and 7-8" for knee and opening. Am I better to order the 28s and hope they stretch a bit if they're tight, or get the 29s and soak them and hope they shrink a little if they're too loose?

Anyone with similar sizings or other input?

Thanks!

Last edited:

juhan

Reaction score
you're most likely a 30 in skinnyguy, and 29 in weirdguy.

find a model that you like from blueowl and i guess you're good to go. no soaking needed unless the one you want is an unsanforised pair.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TPX99