• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

weissmenswear

Reaction score
Just got my first Hemrajani shirt in the mail last week. Wore it a couple of times and fit seems good so far assuming shrink happens as they predicted - took it to my hand laundry to get the shrink over with - hopefully when it comes back everything is good to go and I can start replacing my OTR shirts!

Shrink will depend on the fabric, and Joe and Divij do a great job compensating for that (all cotton will shrink more than linen or linen blends, for example). I’ve commissioned about 8 shirts so far (planning a sport coat for September) and I’m really pleased with them — I find Joe and Divij strike a really great timeless balance when you give them your full trust.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
Shrink will depend on the fabric, and Joe and Divij do a great job compensating for that (all cotton will shrink more than linen or linen blends, for example). I’ve commissioned about 8 shirts so far (planning a sport coat for September) and I’m really pleased with them — I find Joe and Divij strike a really great timeless balance when you give them your full trust.
100% agree. I’ve done several shirts now with them including linen, linen cotton, and knits and will say they do a great job on the estimations.

Also I just got my first suit back. Overall very good right off the bat with only a few minor items needing to be done. Plan on doing another suit here shortly and can’t wait to fine tune it.

weissmenswear

Reaction score
100% agree. I’ve done several shirts now with them including linen, linen cotton, and knits and will say they do a great job on the estimations.

Also I just got my first suit back. Overall very good right off the bat with only a few minor items needing to be done. Plan on doing another suit here shortly and can’t wait to fine tune it.

Curious what fabric you went with? And how much direction did you give regarding style (shoulder padding, lapel width, sleeve design, canvassing, etc.) vs deferring to the house style? Glad to hear the fit came out well. I’m excited to jump beyond shirts with Joe and Divij.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it back. I think I may make some tweaks going forward. Collar fits well, might be a little too loose across the chest, but this might be me being overly picky. Super broad shoulders and deep chest leads to fabric bunching in chest sometimes - possible I need to have a more aggressive dart/sheer down to waist.

I also suspect i need to lengthen the sleeves by like 1/8 to 1/6 of an inch - they seem a tad too short right now.

I wasn't expecting a first go to be perfect. Possible I will make an appointment in Costa Mesa and head down wearing the shirt and see what they think.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got it back. I think I may make some tweaks going forward. Collar fits well, might be a little too loose across the chest, but this might be me being overly picky. Super broad shoulders and deep chest leads to fabric bunching in chest sometimes - possible I need to have a more aggressive dart/sheer down to waist.

I also suspect i need to lengthen the sleeves by like 1/8 to 1/6 of an inch - they seem a tad too short right now.

I wasn't expecting a first go to be perfect. Possible I will make an appointment in Costa Mesa and head down wearing the shirt and see what they think.

@ValidusLA did you do a trial fabric suit or a basted fitting? or was your first suit just based off of measurements....

Last edited:

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gotcha, sorry i confused myself...
No problem. I'm not sure they actually do bespoke anyway. I could be wrong on that.

Either way I have a tailor in town I'm loyal to where I have been doing my suits and jackets for years, both ground up and CMT.

I'm judging the Hemrajani shirt lengths vs those bespoke jackets and cant decide if they are just slightly short or if I'm just garish and want more cuff.

I am calling in my CM consigliere tomorrow for judgement. Hes the one who turned me on to Hemrajani shirts in the first place.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As an example of Hemrajani bespoke, I'll add this photo (I already posted it to the black tie thread, but this jacket is the latest dinner jacket that Joe and his team have made for me. The trousers were made as part of a midnight blue dinner jacket, trousers, and waistcoat about a year ago. This jacket is virtually identical to that one except, obviously, for the cloth.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool, I didn't know they did bespoke. They are running their shirts as far as I know MTM, so I assumed suits were the same way.

Either way I'm pretty loyal to my guys in K-town, but that's a good looking dinner jacket.

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
Curious what fabric you went with? And how much direction did you give regarding style (shoulder padding, lapel width, sleeve design, canvassing, etc.) vs deferring to the house style? Glad to hear the fit came out well. I’m excited to jump beyond shirts with Joe and Divij.

I did a Loro S130s wool.

I did talk over options. Divij and I spent over an hour discussing items. I did the full hand made and it’s fully canvassed and I believe all their offerings are.

Lapel width was me asking for me classic and doing some back and forth because I was indecisive about it. I settled on around 3.5 inch peak lapel single button jacket. Sleeves I didn’t give much guidance besides how much cuff I like to show. Only thing I’ll change is doing stacked buttons next time. Pants I gave some feedback on what I like. Side tabs, pockets on side seam, split waist band in back etc. overall wasn’t too much to go through.

Im planning on doing a navy blazer and grey trousers in fresco come their September visit in Chicago. Also eyeing a pair of tobacco linen pants. Overall my experience has been great and really the items needed to be done have been minor but they are always willing to listen and accommodate.

weissmenswear

Reaction score
I did a Loro S130s wool.

I did talk over options. Divij and I spent over an hour discussing items. I did the full hand made and it’s fully canvassed and I believe all their offerings are.

Lapel width was me asking for me classic and doing some back and forth because I was indecisive about it. I settled on around 3.5 inch peak lapel single button jacket. Sleeves I didn’t give much guidance besides how much cuff I like to show. Only thing I’ll change is doing stacked buttons next time. Pants I gave some feedback on what I like. Side tabs, pockets on side seam, split waist band in back etc. overall wasn’t too much to go through.

Im planning on doing a navy blazer and grey trousers in fresco come their September visit in Chicago. Also eyeing a pair of tobacco linen pants. Overall my experience has been great and really the items needed to be done have been minor but they are always willing to listen and accommodate.

Good info.

I’ll be getting a jacket on that same chicago trip in Sep. working across the street from the Palmer House has its perks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads