• We would like to welcome Ratio Clothing as an official Affiliate Vendor. Ratio Clothing specializes in American-made custom shirts offered at a fair price with guaranteed perfect fit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
What's your 2 channel setup?
Right now I’ve been just rocking some headphones due to space limitations. Sennheiser HD600 and Schiit audio using my computer as the source with lossless files. It works for now but really want to get a turntable set back up soon.

My favorite system I had was Sound Lab panels with VTL tube mono blocks and a BAT pre. Sources were Rega TT and Esoteric CD player. Miss that system but no way I could fit it into my current place.

I’ve been wanting to find an old tube pre or amp that need some love and do a rehab project but haven’t found anything that has caught my eye so far. Also time really isn’t in my favor so will have to wait for awhile.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right now I’ve been just rocking some headphones due to space limitations. Sennheiser HD600 and Schiit audio using my computer as the source with lossless files. It works for now but really want to get a turntable set back up soon.

My favorite system I had was Sound Lab panels with VTL tube mono blocks and a BAT pre. Sources were Rega TT and Esoteric CD player. Miss that system but no way I could fit it into my current place.

I’ve been wanting to find an old tube pre or amp that need some love and do a rehab project but haven’t found anything that has caught my eye so far. Also time really isn’t in my favor so will have to wait for awhile.
I would think old tub gear is ubiquitous on audiogon, but that might be where you have been looking.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been trying to find the photo of it but this was in like 2008ish(?) there was this guy who showed off his rig for his iPod and it was like a preamp, something else and three types of wires that he carried around daily.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to find the photo of it but this was in like 2008ish(?) there was this guy who showed off his rig for his iPod and it was like a preamp, something else and three types of wires that he carried around daily.
It was probably a process and amp, or integrated that was rubber banded to the ipod. Like this

MyST-1866-stack.jpg

This one would still need a cable from phone to amp unless it was BTed, aka toothed (i just made both of these terms up).

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Be honest with yourselves audiophiles: would you really be able to tell the difference in a blind audio test of, say, three variables?

VintageAudiophile

Reaction score
I would think old tub gear is ubiquitous on audiogon, but that might be where you have been looking.
Yes I know the gon well.

I had one a couple years ago that was a nice old intergrated tube amp and tuner. Just didn’t have any time to do it and figure if I buy anything now will be same problem. I’ve been too busy rehabbing houses to do anything else lately. Oh well some day when I retire maybe.

beargonefishing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be honest with yourselves audiophiles: would you really be able to tell the difference in a blind audio test of, say, three variables?
I'm not getting pulled in by your ataturk lite chicanery playgirl. That that shit to Dean Rosen's office for a spanking.

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.