• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I’d show off one of my favorite things I had Joe make up for me for summer: Linen beach/resort trousers.
Those look great! Your design or something Joe suggested?

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those look great! Your design or something Joe suggested?

I came to him with the idea based on something I had seen on a website and asked Joe if he could make a derivation of it. From there we brainstormed the details. Since then I’ve seen several houses coming out with tie-waisted trousers for the summer.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1182853 View attachment 1182854 Thought I’d show off one of my favorite things I had Joe make up for me for summer: Linen beach/resort trousers.

He made them higher waisted with a drawstring, double forward pleats and no waistband in a fantastic mustard linen. I had him make them just a touch longer in the leg than I normally wear as I envisioned wearing them rolled up.

They’ve already gotten a good amount of wear. I’ll post fit pics on them in the future.

Brilliant. How is the high waist in these? I typically never want a high waist in casual pants, especially if I'm never going to tuck anything into them.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Brilliant. How is the high waist in these? I typically never want a high waist in casual pants, especially if I'm never going to tuck anything into them.

These hit me at my natural waist an inch or so above the navel. So far I’ve worn them with a tucked-in tees but I take your point. Great thing about these of course is that Joe will make them however you want.

SZNettles

Reaction score
View attachment 1182853 View attachment 1182854 Thought I’d show off one of my favorite things I had Joe make up for me for summer: Linen beach/resort trousers.

He made them higher waisted with a drawstring, double forward pleats and no waistband in a fantastic mustard linen. I had him make them just a touch longer in the leg than I normally wear as I envisioned wearing them rolled up.

They’ve already gotten a good amount of wear. I’ll post fit pics on them in the future.
These are very cool. If you don't mind, how much do these go for? I've never seen mytailor offer these.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure they’re the same pricing as regular trousers depending on the fabric you choose. I can’t recall the exact price, but I picked a higher-end linen for them.

Smody121

Reaction score
Just read this entire thread, and learned two things.
1. Going to set an appointment with them in September next time they roll through town
2. When I grow up, I want to be as stylish @Andy57, he's had amazing pieces made and I dig it.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For those of you who are interested in Joe and MyTailor, I would recommend that you look at Kirby Allison’s (The Hanger Project) YouTube channel. Kirby has videos on lots of great things but has done several recently with Joe on shirtmaking, bespoke and mtm tailoring, etc.

Good stuff.

DFWWingnut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you who are interested in Joe and MyTailor, I would recommend that you look at Kirby Allison’s (The Hanger Project) YouTube channel. Kirby has videos on lots of great things but has done several recently with Joe on shirtmaking, bespoke and mtm tailoring, etc.

Good stuff.

Agree the content is good but man this guy is stiff. Needs to lighten up a bit IMHO.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just read this entire thread, and learned two things.
1. Going to set an appointment with them in September next time they roll through town
2. When I grow up, I want to be as stylish @Andy57, he's had amazing pieces made and I dig it.

Quick learner ;)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads