• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Tom Ford suit fit opinions?

TheOttosauraus

Reaction score
Posted in the wrong thread, edited out. There should probably be a delete function here, but oh well.

Last edited:

Quarks

Reaction score
I feel for you and I hope you get it sorted. There will be no way they will replace you with a new jacket unfortunately.

Chopper88

Reaction score
That's really messed up! I also feel for you, getting a TF suit should be something enjoyable..

What did they say themselves? I mean, if I was an employee over there, I would be ashamed even though I didn't even touch the suit or take any measurement. Whenever one of my colleagues screws something up, I feel bad as well when someone else notices...

I feel for you and I hope you get it sorted. There will be no way they will replace you with a new jacket unfortunately.

I'm also interested to know the reasoning behind this? I'd go back thinking that if they screw it up, they take the suit back and give me a new one, or a refund. Would be really surprised and angry if no reasonable solution comes out of this, coming from a brand like TF.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wasn't there a story about TF replacing a jacket that was done badly? I read it in another forum.

DazNorthEast

Reaction score
They called me today and they are going to have a look at it next time I can get back to London, they said they might let the back out some more but will need to see it in person.

I'll keep you posted but I'm sure they'll do something to make it right.

This is my first TF suit after wanting one for a very long time.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They called me today and they are going to have a look at it next time I can get back to London, they said they might let the back out some more but will need to see it in person.

I'll keep you posted but I'm sure they'll do something to make it right.

This is my first TF suit after wanting one for a very long time.

From the store perspective, they will try this and that to justify you should keep your ruined jacket. In reality though, that jacket will unlikely to fit as it was made. Those shoulders look too tight and sleeve heads do not shape like the original TF suit. If you paid for full price, you should demand for brand new jacket.

Last edited:

DazNorthEast

Reaction score
Hi All

Well I took the jacket in today and they are going to let a little room out of the back to make some more room in the arms.

Later in the day I spoke to a Tom Ford expert who after taking one look at my photo said there's no way he would accept that and the jacket is ruined, the proportions are out and he couldn't understand why they cut they shoulders back - it's spoilt that classic Tom Ford chest shape.

The store itself think the jacket is fine with my arms at my side and that it was too big before but I feel ultimately that it's ruined and no matter what they do to it now it's never going to be the same. I'm going to go back tomorrow as I'm only in town these 2 days.

I really don't like to complain and feel uncomfortable doing so but ultimately I just don't feel happy with it.

Last edited:

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does this TF expert work at a TF store or work for TF in any capacity at all? It doesn't sound like they do from your post.

Chopper88

Reaction score
Hi All

Well I took the jacket in today and they are going to let a little room out of the back to make some more room in the arms.

I later in the day spoke to a Tom Ford expert who after taking one look at my photo said there's no way he would accept that and the jacket is ruined, the proportions are out and he couldn't understand why they cut they shoulders back - it's spoilt that classic Tom Ford chest shape.

The store itself think that jacket is fine with my arms at my side and that it was too big before but I feel ultimately that it's ruined and no matter what they do to it now it's never going to be the same. I'm going to go back tomorrow as I'm only in town these 2 days.

I really don't like to complain and feel uncomfortable doing so but ultimately I just don't feel happy with it.

Set this feeling aside. I also used to have problems with this, but you'll feel much better after just saying what's on your mind.

Good luck tomorrow, hope you'll get it resolved! Keep us posted, but regarding all your earlier posts, I'm sure you will
smile.gif

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hi All

Later in the day I spoke to a Tom Ford expert who after taking one look at my photo said there's no way he would accept that and the jacket is ruined, the proportions are out and he couldn't understand why they cut they shoulders back - it's spoilt that classic Tom Ford chest shape.

The store itself think the jacket is fine with my arms at my side and that it was too big before but I feel ultimately that it's ruined and no matter what they do to it now it's never going to be the same. I'm going to go back tomorrow as I'm only in town these 2 days.

Your feelings are understandable, and from the looks of it the fault isn't your own. You were given bad advice.

That said, try to get a replacement or refund. Hope it works out for you!

DazNorthEast

Reaction score
Just an update following my visit again today.

They're going to let the back out and cut the under arm opening which they believe will give me more room/greater movement.
In addition they're going to bring the waist in a little to help create the usual shape.

I sincerely hope this does the trick, I still think ultimately too much was cut out of the shoulder blades - I really wish they hadn't been touched.

I go back on the 11th June.

Regards

Darren

Last edited:

Chopper88

Reaction score
Good to hear they acknowledge the problem at least.

However, I'm sceptical they'll get it fixed. These are generally very difficult alterations. But we'll see
smile.gif

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering what's going to happen if those additional alterations still doesn't fix the problem. I hope they're willing to replace the jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads