• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Korean Bespoke Suit(pictures of details added)

ho1joon

Reaction score
Amazing workmanship. Can you please tell me what tie you are wearing in the vest front shot. AWESOME![/QUOTE said:
Thank you for your kind compliments. the tie I wear in the vest is TYT(Tie Your Tie)

Originally Posted by pvrhye
Any clue how much their tux's run?

I know tuxs are 10% more charged. It might be wrong because I haven't tried tux.

Originally Posted by nahneun
대박

wow...I've not expected I see Korean in this forum.

Originally Posted by Miha28
I'm up for it as well. Not Korean but studying here till the end of July.

See you in Daegu
biggrin.gif

There's no shortage of big suits here either. Places like STCO keep young guys equipped with their skinny suits and florescent cardigans though.

+2, exactly.

Originally Posted by retozimmermann
Very nice. And very interesting. This is the first time I've heard the name Sartoria Vanni. Can you tell us more about them? Where in Myeong-dong are they?

Nice shoes, by the way. The trousers are a bit on the short side for me. I know this is very popular in certain circles, but I prefer them a tad longer.

Cheers from Seoul to Seoul
Reto

Hello, Mr.Zimmermann. First of all, Thank you for introducing G&G and VASS in Korea. Last year at least, I 100% didn't expected those shoemakers launch in this country(so I bought them from online and personal contact). and see how wonderful the price is
worship.gif
, I was far as to fowardly worried about your profit once because the price was too low in my opinion. I'm looking foward to visit your store right after my exam. and the Seoul meeting too, although I can't speak english fluently.

about Sartoria Vanni. see this link;http://www.vanni.co.kr/html/cs/location.php
I think it's not bad to accompany with me if you're not fluent speaker of Korean.

shimjohn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bringusingoodale
Of course it's too tight. The wearer is as slim as they come.

If the OP were fat, I guarantee there would be less admiration for the suit. I've noticed the slimmer one is, the better any suit looks.

Hedi Slimane & Karl Lagerfield agree.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edgar Allan Pwn
Not my personal preference either, but when someone has the right body type for it I think it looks good.

Basically, if you're in shape and the suit follows your shape, more power to you. If you aren't, it's best to let a suit suggest a better shape for you.

Fit guys have a lot to lose with a poorly fitted suit, whereas dumpy dudes like myself have a lot to gain from a well fitted suit.

Edgar Allan Pwn

Reaction score
Basically, if you're in shape and the suit follows your shape, more power to you. If you aren't, it's best to let a suit suggest a better shape for you.

Fit guys have a lot to lose with a poorly fitted suit, whereas dumpy dudes like myself have a lot to gain from a well fitted suit.

Yup. I'd look like an elephant in a girdle in something like that, but more power to anyone who can pull it off.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ho1joon
I know tuxs are 10% more charged. It might be wrong because I haven't tried tux.

wow...I've not expected I see Korean in this forum.

See you in Daegu
biggrin.gif

+2, exactly.

Hello, Mr.Zimmermann. First of all, Thank you for introducing G&G and VASS in Korea. Last year at least, I 100% didn't expected those shoemakers launch in this country(so I bought them from online and personal contact). and see how wonderful the price is
worship.gif
, I was far as to fowardly worried about your profit once because the price was too low in my opinion. I'm looking foward to visit your store right after my exam. and the Seoul meeting too, although I can't speak english fluently.

I think it's not bad to accompany with me if you're not fluent speaker of Korean.

Will it be possible to post a photograph of the inside of the jacket showing pockets and other features?

ho1joon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
Will it be possible to post a photograph of the inside of the jacket showing pockets and other features?

Sorry, I forgot.
I added the photos of other features.

retozimmermann

Reaction score

worship.gif

안녕하세요 ho1joon님 ㅋㅋ

Please call me Reto.

Thank you for your kind words. I don't want to derail your thread but let me just say about the pricing: We're trying as much as possible to have European prices because other than shipping and import duties I don't see any good reason why the shoes should be more expensive without giving the customer any added benefit. Everybody here (in Korea, not SF ;-) ) has just got so used to beeing overcharged that "normal" prices are a total surprise. In any case, I'm happy to talk more about this and anything else in person.

Thank you also for the offer to accompany me to your tailor. I've just had an odd jacket made so I'm not immediately jumping into something new but I'd be interested to tag along when you go. Well actually, I need to correct myself here. I'm about to have a pair of odd trousers made for the jacket but the tailor on that is already chosen.

All the best with your exam and see you soon!
Reto

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I forgot.
I added the photos of other features.

Thank you.

The careful attention to detail is emphasised in the additional pictures - the lining on the edge of the cuff for example.

Is there just one pocket on the inside right of the coat? On that thought is there a fob/watch pocket in the trousers?

This really is a good suit and which suits you well. Hopefully you will be able to add more to your wardrobe in the future.

duzichong

Reaction score
Thank you for your kind compliments. the tie I wear in the vest is TYT(Tie Your Tie)

worship.gif

i found the store this afternoon which just located near my house and 5 mins by foot. unfortunately, the guy in the store can't speak english.
uhoh.gif

i need suits especially suit for summer, indeed!

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by retozimmermann
안녕하세요 ho1joon님 ㅋㅋ

Please call me Reto.

Thank you for your kind words. I don't want to derail your thread but let me just say about the pricing: We're trying as much as possible to have European prices because other than shipping and import duties I don't see any good reason why the shoes should be more expensive without giving the customer any added benefit. Everybody here (in Korea, not SF ;-) ) has just got so used to beeing overcharged that "normal" prices are a total surprise. In any case, I'm happy to talk more about this and anything else in person.

Thank you also for the offer to accompany me to your tailor. I've just had an odd jacket made so I'm not immediately jumping into something new but I'd be interested to tag along when you go. Well actually, I need to correct myself here. I'm about to have a pair of odd trousers made for the jacket but the tailor on that is already chosen.

All the best with your exam and see you soon!
Reto

Did not know you were carrying those lines, and it sounds like your pricing logic is admirable.
worship.gif
I'll be down for a pair of shoes soon.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am gonna go down to this Vanni place next week and see what I can whip up for a half stack. Kind of pissed at my regular tailor because the suits he's made me the last two times have sucked and like everyone else he refuses to go back and fix anything.

ginlimetonic

Reaction score
OP, very nice fit from a SF perspective. The downside is the nice fit makes it look a bit feminine - reference picture # 4...

Also not sure if there was a point to take out your face in all pictures, expect one of them.

Originally Posted by hermes man
it looks very nice

is it possible to get one that fits like that off the rack?

another golden quote from hermesman

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads