My Korean Bespoke Suit(pictures of details added)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ho1joon, Apr 10, 2011.

1. duzichong

duzichong Member

Thanks for your advice. I first tried no vent suit...I don't feel uncomfortable with this until now
    compared to other vent type.

And this was made by Sartoria Vanni, fabric is Loro Piana, and priced about $1.8K

sartoria vanni sounds like Italian and may be it is the reason can imitate the TF so perfectly. however, where is the workshop of sartoria vanni, apgujong or sogong dong?

2. aeglus

aeglus Senior member Dubiously Honored

Looks really good. I might stop by there some day when I'm not a poor person.

3. GBR

GBR Senior member

Hello gents[​IMG]

Inspired by TF's mood, however I know the original TF suit silhouette usually doens't go well with
    slim body like me. So I ordered a bespoke suit to my tailor. Based on TF, I changed it to match my taste and body type. Many things changed. well...I don't know it's successful, but I satisfied enough with this suit itself anyway.

I should have added earlier that I like the unusual method of fastening the trousers at the waist above the fly: Looks rather better than the conventional 'french bearer' and more akin to the Ambrosi approach.

I may well try that.

4. hymo

hymo Senior member

The tailoring looks immaculate, but the suit is too tight. Those pants are for standing only; sitting in them ought to be uncomfortable. The jacket is also too lean.

You may want to try something cut on the easier side if you haven't already.

5. Classic Car

Classic Car Senior member

The suit is great and look terrific. May I know your weight, height and measurements? What is the cloth? How many fittings does this suit need and cost?

6. dbc

dbc Senior member

May I know your weight, height and measurements?

Dude, that's bordering on the stalkerish.

7. Kiwi Man

Kiwi Man Senior member

I like how the suits fit on you. However, I personally believe that the pants fit a little tight.

Well, if that is what you want, who I am to say how you should wear your clothes?

8. ho1joon

ho1joon Active Member

Wonderful workmanship ho1joon. Beautifully done. I am envious. 'Yobo Saiyo' from Canada! [​IMG]
    Details on the shoes also please?

That's G&G Hayes[​IMG]

Unbelievable looking suit, by any chance do you know if they do MTM. How much would a typical suit or blazer cost in USD?

They do MTM also(I don't know I can tell it MTM, semi-bespoke?). If you send your body measurement or your best fitting clothes(to take a picture of your body or tell them your body character and your preference, it would be more helpful), they will make the garment base on it.
    and the price starts from approx. USD380 and 420 for a blazer and a suit respectively.
    *If you order from them, tell them not to make clothes too tight. Sometimes they make suit
    too slim that can't move your arm. I've transacting with them over 2 years and order over 10 suits from them. Please don't think my suit is the typical form of them.

9. madhatter349

madhatter349 Member

That's G&G Hayes[​IMG]

They do MTM also(I don't know I can tell it MTM, semi-bespoke?). If you send your body measurement or your best fitting clothes(take a picture of your body or tell them your body character and your preference would be more helpful), they will make the garment base on it.
    tand price start from approx. USD380 in case of blazer and USD420 for a suit.
    *If you order from them, tell them not to make clothes too tight. Sometimes they make suit
    too slim that can't move your arm. I've transacting with them over 2 years and order over 10 suits from them. Please don't think my suit is the typical form of them.

Thank you for the quick reply, the quality looks great and the prices seem very reasonable.

Hopefully I can work out ordering from them and having someone possibly pick it up for me. I will definitely keep in mind the tightness issue, my body type is more thick then slim.

10. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

Any clue how much their tux's run?

11. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

대박

12. johnnyhooks

johnnyhooks Well-Known Member

Amazing workmanship. Can you please tell me what tie you are wearing in the vest front shot. AWESOME!

13. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

대박
    +1. looks really good, congrats

14. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

대박

+2 장난 안이다.

Which begs the question; with the high density of posters in Korea, when and where's the Seoul meetup gonna be?

15. Miha28

Miha28 Active Member

+2 장난 안이다.

Which begs the question; with the high density of posters in Korea, when and where's the Seoul meetup gonna be?

I'm up for it as well. Not Korean but studying here till the end of July.