• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Must Be Nice to Be a Lakers Fan

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I missed getting in on this thread early because I was away all week. So pretty much everything I would have said has been covered. But anyway, yeah: LAKERS!!! Hell yes.

I'm still in shock that they pulled this out. I promise not to say anything bad about Buss or Kupchak for the rest of the season, at least. Amazing.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I still can't believe they didn't have to give up Farmar or Turiaf or basically any valuable part of their top ten guys.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was having a debate about this with my cousins the other night. What are your guys thoughts?

The current lineup, with Fisher/Farmar, Bryant, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum...

or the Lakers having traded 2 #1s, Crittitiden, Brown, and Odom for KG?

I'm of the opinion that KG > Odom + Gasol but my cousin disagreed... thoughts?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd take KG too. He's a quantum leap ahead of Gasol, and a great defender. Odom isn't really that important in the new scheme. They could start Ariza or Walton or Radmonovic at the 3 and easily be the best starting 5 in basketball.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Drizzt, I agree with you and Baron, even though you probaby both do steroids.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Drizzt, I agree with you and Baron, even though you probaby both do steroids.

You mean... flaxseed oil, right?
peepwall[1].gif

iazniguy

Reaction score
prediction: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Boston Celtics in the NBA Finals.
Lakers 4-3 win series. GO LAKERS

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Exactly. What could be wrong with that? They sell it at Whole Foods.

Yeah, flaxseed oil ftw! On another note, I just ate some flax fiber cakes from Trader Joes... wow, 16 grams of fiber... ft... something. lol

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Someone (with less dignity than me) needs to start a "posting from the throne" thread.

Actually, we need a throne smiley, to indicate when you've entered a post from the throne. (I'd use it here, in fact.)

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I was having a debate about this with my cousins the other night. What are your guys thoughts?

The current lineup, with Fisher/Farmar, Bryant, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum...

or the Lakers having traded 2 #1s, Crittitiden, Brown, and Odom for KG?

I'm of the opinion that KG > Odom + Gasol but my cousin disagreed... thoughts?

KG is obviously > than both, but he's 31 years old, while Gasol and Odom are 27 and 28, respectively. Trading for Gasol instead of KG (in this scenario) provides the Lakers insurance if Kobe (for some reason, that SOB) opts out of his contract.

KG, Kobe, and Bynum would be an incredible combination, but the Lakers' four as it will be (with Kobe as the old man at 29!) has dynastic possibilities.

Also, the idea of playing against the Lakers' size (among other things) probably has other coaches going into seizures--a front line of two seven-footers and a SF at 6-10 is disgusting. Throw in a SG who's 6-7 (and who happens to be Kobe!) and, well...

P.S. Baron, I hate Radmanovic. I would punch that guy in the face if I ever saw him, but I would probably have to do a dragon punch with fierce if I wanted to reach him. He would be hilarious if he weren't eating up $20 million of cap space over the next three years. An interesting note is that the Lakers' initial offer for Gasol was Kwame, Radmanovic, and two first-rounders, but Chris Wallace, Memphis's GM, wasn't having any of that.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, the thing is, if they had KG for the entire year this year, they would probably have a pretty good chance to win a championship, which would probably mean Kobe would be extending... it's the win now vs win later theory, but IMO, with Garnett they'd still have a 3-5 year run in which they would be in the top 3 in the NBA at worst, IMO. I'm of the opinion that Odom is trash, btw. He's league average at best, IMO.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Odom creates bad matchup problems for a lot of other small forwards. Guys like Marion and Carmelo have a hard time guarding him, and he's a great rebounder and passer. As long as you can live with the fact that he doesn't know when to take initiative and score (and he doesn't need to in this lineup) he's pretty good. He's not as good as his ridiculous contract though, but the Lakers are now going to be an elite team for the next 5 years as long as everyone stays healthy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads