• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Motorcycles

epb

Reaction score

Are clothing sizes ever completely congruent between different models?

There's usually some difference, but this was notable, at least for me. The Scorpion's a tighter fit than the leather, despite being a size larger? Struck me as odd - it's the biggest disparity I've had between a pair of jackets.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MV Agusta Rivale looks sooo sooo soo sooo much better than the Multistrada/Hyperstrada/Hypermotard. Not sure what it's supposed to compete with, but it begs the question, "Why did Ducati make the xxxxxstrada so damn hideous????"

I also think this is what Yami tried to do and failed with the FZ-09, design wise. This is a really good looking bike.

mv-agusta-rivale-800-18.jpg

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MV Agusta Rivale looks sooo sooo soo sooo much better than the Multistrada/Hyperstrada/Hypermotard. Not sure what it's supposed to compete with, but it begs the question, "Why did Ducati make the xxxxxstrada so damn hideous????"

I also think this is what Yami tried to do and failed with the FZ-09, design wise. This is a really good looking bike.

I think the comparison should be against the Streetfighter, not the MTS which is more of an adventure bike

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the comparison should be against the Streetfighter, not the MTS which is more of an adventure bike

Nah the Brutale is the Streetfigher's foil. This is more Hypermotard territory

Last edited:

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MV Agusta, the company, is currently for sale. Good luck getting parts if you have an off.

Parts suppliers are usually third party. Not sure what an MV sale would have to do with that.

I'd be more concerned with the ****** dealer network. There's one about 30 miles from me but I imagine them not being somewhere like... Cleveland.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of the Alpinestars Apex Drystar gloves.

Alpinestars-Apex-back.jpg

Took a short ride this weekend and my hands froze in no time.

Last edited:

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just ordered a pair of the Alpinestars Apex Drystar gloves.

Alpinestars-Apex-back.jpg

Took a short ride this weekend and my hands froze in no time.

That sucks.

Try those Furygans and let me know how it goes ;)

Oops. I probably put those statements in the wrong order. My hands froze this weekend so I bought the Alpinestars as they got good reviews from Revzilla.

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Parts suppliers are usually third party. Not sure what an MV sale would have to do with that.

I'd be more concerned with the ****** dealer network. There's one about 30 miles from me but I imagine them not being somewhere like... Cleveland.

MV Parts are made third party? That doesn't sound right... Anyhow, what I mean is: if the company can hardly keep itself afloat and the dealer network is ever shrinking due to the company's inability to keep up with the demand for parts, why risk owning one? The owner of my Triumph shop used to sell MV too. It was bad for business. Anytime a customer needed a part the bike would sit in his shop for a month or two at a time.

I'd have bought a Brutale by now for sure if I were sure I wouldn't crash it. Maybe when I'm in my 40s. If all my limbs still work.

Last edited:

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MV Parts are made third party? That doesn't sound right... Anyhow, what I mean is: if the company can hardly keep itself afloat and the dealer network is ever shrinking due to the company's inability to keep up with the demand for parts, why risk owning one? The owner of my Triumph shop used to sell MV too. It was bad for business. Anytime a customer needed a part the bike would sit in his shop for a month or two at a time.

I'd have bought a Brutale by now for sure if I were sure I wouldn't crash it. Maybe when I'm in my 40s. If all my limbs still work.

I mean they prob get a lot of parts from suppliers. But it all amounts to the same thing. If they can't convince the suppliers to stock up on parts, there won't be any when you need them. It's definitely risky. Seems like they are getting their act together. I'd give it a few years

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This might be a one-off quality issue but I noticed this on my new Gringo helmet this morning:

10689337155_3f278a1540_c.jpg

Sent an email off to Revzilla customer service to see what next steps are.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads