• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Monday WAYWRN Challenge : 3 way fit battle - NewYorkRanger vs. Acecow vs. Threadbearer

Who did it best?

• NewYorkRanger

Votes: 55 47.8%
  • Acecow

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Threadbearer

Votes: 36 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
MONDAY FIT BATTLE: THREADBEARER vs NEWYORKRANGER vs ACECOW​
The Battle of the GroupThink Jacket!​

I promised to host these 3 iGents fit battle a few weeks ago, and we are ready to roll. iGent groupthink drove these 3 challengers to select the same cloth for their jackets (both MTM and OTR), so here we go... who did it best?

NewYorkRanger:

Acecow:

Threadbearer:

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gents -
You're looking great all three of you. But if a decision must be made, ace's PS pops a little too much for me against the neutral and low-contrast top and the dark pents. Those are some killer boots though :) Ranger, I love teh scarf. Madder ftw. IMHO the colors in the first pic are much more attractive than the indoor pics, I'm guessing the first pic is more accurate. I'm not a fan of longwings in general, although these are more attractive than most. TB, this tie is a great choice, as well as the shirt. It's a tough choice, but I can't ignore that NYR's fit around the collar for both the jacket and shirt is significantly superior to TB's, and therefore I give my vote to him. Very well done all the way around though, gents.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where is the poal, or is this a post up your vote deal?

I am going to give it to Rob. I like Ace's jacket fit very much, but I don't like the closed quarters.

Robbie, please shave that abomination offa your face. Is this year another beard contest with the family?

Mike

hugeevilrobot

Reaction score
Ranger wins best overall look of the 3 in my opinion, though Ace's fit is superb, and I think Thread's tie/ps/braces are a great combination.

Everyone's a winner :embar:

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
to me, the jacket fit best in Ace... the for the overall look I prefer Thread... just my $ 0.02

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ace just about pips it I think. I can't really see the "fit" from TB's photos.

Good looks all round but I definitely prefer NYR as an overall outfit.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Thread looks slightly more comfortable in his jacket. That may just be a result of how/when the pics were taken, but its so close that's the only thing I can think of to separate them.

Nice.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked Rangers for the following reasons:

- I am a sucker for brogue/wingtip dress shoes
- The 2-inch cuff
- His NYR beat up the Habs this past weekend

Having said that, both Ace and Bear are also outstanding, especially how well Ace's pants fit him.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for putting this together, Spoo.

Now cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to give it to NYR. I think this fabric goes best with the patch pockets, and Robs has the best button stance and lapels.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NYR's look appeals to me the most in terms of the overall style, and at least superficially, the jacket fits the best too. I like ace's shoes and the fit concept, but maybe the jumper is too tonal for it? TB's is probably the most "SF-y", but it just doesn't grab me all much and feels a bit flat.

Having said all that, I'm not actually a fan of the jacket pattern in this contest, but NYR's interpretation was the most interesting I think.

Minarchist

Reaction score
Went with NYR. The colors flowed the best for me (and the flatcap didn't hurt). Acecow's PS threw it off a bit, and TB's...the tie/shirt combo just doesn't work with the jacket color, IMO. I found myself thinking something was very off as I looked through the photos, but when I got to the one where it's tie/shirt/braces and the jacket slung over his shoulder I thought "That looks great!" I just don't think the tan of the jacket works well with those colors.

TexasDan

Reaction score
Great idea for a thread and kudos to the 3 contestants for participating. I give the nod to TB for overall look.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to vote for Ace.

The pieces fit well, and the overall aesthetic is composed and elegant yet casual. It is also particularly flattering to his build. My only nit would be that I prefer a slight bit contrast between jacket and sweater but it's just a nit.

NYR and Thread both look swell in their fits as well. It is a tough call for me but ultimately I chose the look that I would personally be most likely to wear myself.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads