• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Momotaro

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on last two comments

denimstunt101

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the feedback, I was thinking of sizing up because some times the jeans feel a little too tight, I have not soaked them and the denim is very stiff. I am tempted to soak them but but I will try to be patient!

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wait, they'll break in and feel fine after 3-4 wears. They should be slightly but not uncomfortably tight.

Bullitt

Reaction score

It's without a doubt better quality than APC and it's not a diffusion line.  If you want something similar to NS and better quality, you can't go wrong w/ JB.  But in the world of denim and pants, they're pretty boring in general, but so is NS.  I have a pair of JB tapered and like the quality but just don't wear it.  

Both are great. Would still be wearing mine if I didn't get fat.

Thanks for your input.
The first JB models had a Momo leather patch, that’s why I thought it was a diffusion line. You are right though, they make it very clear now that JB and Momo is not the same.
Do they stretch a lot?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A fair amount, but they're also comparatively vanity sized in the first place. No extreme stretching like APC is famous for though.

Oldguy

Reaction score
Hi All,
I bought a pair of Momotaro x The Denim Store 18oz,
by that time, the fitting was just nice,
the more i wear, it start to shrink,
Do i have to soak it to stretch it?
(worn around 3month)

btw my momotaro model:
http://straatosphere.com/momotaro-x-the-denim-store-1st-collaboration/

are these still readily available? I am fascinated by what I have read of Momotaro and would like to learn more. Having become a Gustin "addict", and due to where I live, I only have interest in heavier denims. These look nice and I want to learn more about their quality. Thanks....

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for your input.
The first JB models had a Momo leather patch, that’s why I thought it was a diffusion line. You are right though, they make it very clear now that JB and Momo is not the same.
Do they stretch a lot?

The first JB models were a collab. The name Momotaro was used to create some buzz for JB.

They are two different brands but both share the same owner. Only Momotaro is more geared towards real denimheads and JB, while certainly good quality serves another audience.
More like friendlier priced entry denim, with a great price/quality ratio.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the 18 oz slim tapereds BiG is carrying? They're the first non collab slim tapered fit I've seen.

Last edited:

Eastman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hello, I recently got the grand indigo model, that was my first pair of momos, I am definitely getting more, great jeans!

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what´s the difference in fit, of the 0201 compared to the Grand Indigo?

I reckon the Grand Indigo is modelled after the 0701/0705SP alias Tight Straight. The 0201 is a more relaxed cut, more room in the topblock and thigh area. The fit tapers from the knee down.

The Tight Straight on the other hand is a fair bit tighter. Keep an eye on thigh measurements if you decide to buy.

The Grand Indigo (ER-007) models are sanforized, you could opt to buy the size that fits snug and stretch it out a bit by wear. The fabric used on Momotaro's is a so called tight weave. Which means the fabric is not easy to stretch.

Last edited:

Eastman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks, with the Grand Indigo I got a size that feels a bit tight right now, size 31, with a bit of stretch will be great. I will get the 0201 to have a different cut, by looking at BO specs, I think I should size the same.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

anybody know whether momotaro will be releasing more 0305 cuts ('tight tapered')?

would love a pair with battle stripes sewn into the inside of the pocket or something and a heftier leather patch, too

The leather kangaroo strips sewn inside the backpockets are a featurr of the BOM collabs. Don't think Momotaro would release them as a normal feature.
Other than that I do not know about 0305 models, since my interest in Momotaro mainly resides at their core models (GTB, Vintage Label and Copper Label). Though I like the tapered fits, the path Momotaro ventured in is not my cup of tea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads