• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
boogaboogabooga I would stick with 36 if I was you. the slimmer coat fit works better with how people on this forum generally dress

it looks great on you

we can clearly see how the spec is black from your photos

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

boogaboogabooga I would stick with 36 if I was you. the slimmer coat fit works better with how people on this forum generally dress
it looks great on you
we can clearly see how the spec is black from your photos

I'm not so sure about it being black. I'll try to get some pics of it outside sometime or find that LED flashlight. Sorry for being so busy guys, I'm just doing a lot of errands for the family and it's making documenting some of these things difficult.

Last edited:

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not so sure about it being black. I'll try to get some pics of it outside sometime or find that LED flashlight. Sorry for being so busy guys, I'm just doing a lot of errands for the family and it's making documenting some of these things difficult.

when I e-mailed Sterlingwear a few days ago they called the Spec "midnight NAVY", but it has appeared BLACK so far from all these styleforum photos

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Sterlingwear has recently updated their Specs

this is what the insides of a Spec look like from a Raukuten store:

m20-blk_p7.jpg

There is clearly a fleece lining, but the Specs everyone has just bought is all satin lined? :eh:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

m20-blk_p7.jpg

There is clearly a fleece lining, but the Specs everyone has just bought is all satin lined? :eh:

Your picture is what the inside of the coat looks like.
The top is satin; the bottom is very smooth fleece. The sleeves are satin.
The shipping label information says "black".

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

m20-blk_p7.jpg

when I e-mailed Sterlingwear a few days ago they called the Spec "midnight NAVY", but it has appeared BLACK so far from all these styleforum photos

Keep in mind all my photographs have been taken indoors and appear black. Clarinetplayer's have been taken outdoors and show blue.. When Michelle described the color to me she said it would appear black indoors and that the blue would show in the sun or bright lighting. They may just label their coats black for convenience's sake. I'll try getting to the bottom of this when I have a chance.

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

The two coats in my possession are the same.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Keep in mind all my photographs have been taken indoors and appear black. Clarinetplayer's have been taken outdoors and show blue.. When Michelle described the color to me she said it would appear black indoors and that the blue would show in the sun or bright lighting. They may just label their coats black for convenience's sake. I'll try getting to the bottom of this when I have a chance.

The two coats in my possession are the same.

thanks for clearing everything up, champs

I'll have to get me a Spec next Winter

laughter95

Reaction score
i love how this thread consistently resurfaces every year.

get a sterlingwear peacoat! best value purchase of my entire wardrobe. and it's not terribly expensive such that i have to worry about keeping it perfectly clean, etc.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On Monday, I am expecting delivery of this vintage (1946) pea coat

:

It should interesting to compare this with the Sterligwear "spec".

Doctor Damage

Reaction score
When I telephoned Sterlingwear the person on the phone said the liner in the Authentic was "reveresed fleece" which suggests that the rough part of the liner might be turned inwards, hence it's smooth appearance on the inside of the coat. I guess the test would be to get a job at the factory or buy a coat and tear open the liner to find out.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
alright, everyone

I'm going to have to order both a 36R and 34R from Sterlingwear to see which one fits better then return one. I just e-mailed them for a p2p measurment on a 36R authentic and was told it's about 17inches.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

boogaboogabooga

Reaction score

On Monday, I am expecting delivery of this vintage (1946) pea coat
:
It should interesting to compare this with the Sterligwear "spec".

One thing that really popped out to me in person that I didn't notice with pictures is how suit-like the shoulders are on the Spec. I'm wondering if that is a recent development. A few photos of people wearing what would not be considered vintage peacoats don't seem feature those types of shoulders consistently.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads