• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE

lonestarteacher

Reaction score
I really like this one because of the different pockets, but I wish it had epaulets. Not that I ever use them, but I like them on a peacoat.

Peacoat

Reaction score

One last question; unfortunately, it's about sizing. 6'2", 137 lbs, 35 1/2" chest. 34XL sound about right?
As you haven't yet filled out, and being that tall, it will be difficult to find a peacoat that fits you. I would say that 34xl is your best bet. Probably need to find a brick and mortar that carries some pea coats and see how they fit. Sterlingwear may have a dealer guide available. I don't know how the Navigator is sized, but the Authentic is sized the same as the issue models. For some hints on peacoat sizing, see the article linked below in my signature line. The sizing info is at the end of the article. But bear in mind the sizing information applies to those of us who have filled out in our build. You have a ways to go; however, the information on obtaining the pit to pit for the proper chest size should be valid. Good luck.

J BAILEY

Reaction score
As you haven't yet filled out, and being that tall, it will be difficult to find a peacoat that fits you. I would say that 34xl is your best bet. Probably need to find a brick and mortar that carries some pea coats and see how they fit. Sterlingwear may have a dealer guide available. I don't know how the Navigator is sized, but the Authentic is sized the same as the issue models.
For some hints on peacoat sizing, see the article linked below in my signature line. The sizing info is at the end of the article. But bear in mind the sizing information applies to those of us who have filled out in our build. You have a ways to go; however, the information on obtaining the pit to pit for the proper chest size should be valid. Good luck.

Thanks!

ToDie4Style

Reaction score

Couple of questions:
I purchased 3 peacoats recently from H&M. I haven't been on these forums long but I'm pretty sure that's a taboo. I bought them from there because I haven't seen any stores with peacoats and I don't buy clothes without trying them on first. H&M also has the smallest/slimmest fits, which is crucial for me because I'm an unimpressive 5'7 and 120+ lbs. Anyways, out of the 3 I bought, 2 are trench coat length. However, they end right above my knee. A few people have told me it looks way too long and that it should end closer to the middle of my thigh. Should I just keep it the way it is, hem it, or return it?
Also, the fabric on the outside is very uncomfortable. Scratches my neck pretty bad. Will other brands yield better quality? I will admit I have very sensitive skin when it comes to clothing so this may just be me being a little b!tch. What material should I be looking for? If you guys want to see the coats they should be up on the H&M website. I'll post direct links later, this internet is lagging so hard I can barely get on this site.
Also, how would you guys put together an outfit with a peacoat? Right now I'm just wearing black waxed jeans, a J.Crew tee under and these "ninja/girl/elf shoes" that I catch sh!t for daily.
tumblr_lksm2ddCWj1qenh7yo1_400.jpg

0528gra.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Can you let me know where I can get those black shoes?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anybody is looking for a Krane Ayling Peacoat in the rare charcoal wool color, Krane has two left (sizes 36,38) so if you want them I'd probably order now.

4mused

Reaction score
Soo can someone point me in the direction of a tapered peacoat or something with a belt in the back (like the cashmere one on the J.Crew site).

Can you let me know where I can get those black shoes?

Any skate shop/site should carry them, although they've been released for quite awhile now so sizes may be limited. They just released brown ones so those should be common.

Google "Gravis Dylan Boot".

EDIT: Here you go. They have a lot of sizes. http://www.utilityboardsupply.com/Gravis/Gravis-Rieder-Boot-Black

And just a fair warning, there will be a lot of comments about them being female shoes so if that bothers you at all these probably aren't the shoes for you.

Last edited:

playhardgopro

Reaction score
Good afternoon SF

I like the look of the Sterlingwear Authentic Pea Coat and many people in this thread have vouched for it's quality.

Can someone knowledgeable help me to choose the right size? I know there is a lot of information in this thread but, having spent a couple of hours reading it, I'm getting a little saturated and confused.

I am 6 foot, dead on.

I'm pretty slim. I wear a 38 inch chest suit though I can fit some 36's (but the arms are usually too short).

Any advice on what chest size and length to get in the Authentic?

If you need any more information from me, just ask!

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply.

Best

Maerhyl

Reaction score
I received the Schott peacoat size 42. Its the boxiest thing I have tried so far. Fit is wrong, armholes are too low. Its going back.

I contacted Schott before ordering. I was told the 42 is a 21.5. Good enough I thought, this should be a nice fit. The 740N is actually very big, its boxier than a sterlingwear, it looks inflated.
If you are interested in one, I would size down one. I am tempted to order a size 40 to try on but I don't know anymore.
It is a very warm coat though.

My options are the Club Monaco which was a nice fit when I tried it on and the Jcrew which I haven't tried.

Here's the CM: http://www.clubmonaco.com/102011/mens_musthaves_2.asp

Last edited:

Peacoat

Reaction score

I received the Schott peacoat size 42. Its the boxiest thing I have tried so far. Fit is wrong, armholes are too low. Its going back.
I contacted Schott before ordering. I was told the 42 is a 21.5. Good enough I thought, this should be a nice fit. The 740N is actually very big, its boxier than a sterlingwear, it looks inflated.
If you are interested in one, I would size down one. I am tempted to order a size 40 to try on but I don't know anymore.
It is a very warm coat though.
My options are the Club Monaco which was a nice fit when I tried it on and the Jcrew which I haven't tried.
Here's the CM: http://www.clubmonaco.com/102011/mens_musthaves_2.asp

So how does the 42 actually measure p2p? I am interested in how close Schott measured, or if they just took 1/2 of the stated tag size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics