• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone has any knowledge of this kind of lapel and it's relevance historically, if any? This is a vintage Eddie Bauer, supposedly from the 70s.

s-l1600.jpg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On an unrelated matter, my recent sartorial thoughts taken from recently-watched cinema:

David Soul wears a very well-fitted green corduroy, patch-elbowed, wide-lapel sport coat in Salem's Lot (1979).

MV5BMmUxNGQ3ZWEtMzdlOC00NDFkLTkwZWEtOTFmY2YzOTZkMjcyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg

salems_lot_photo13.jpg

The Outfit (2022) is a solid piece of single-setting-emulating-a-play cinema, not least of all because of the attention to detail it puts toward tailoring (or cutting). Recommended.

ceefd93d51bfc402d70f468a47930e66.jpg

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The only critique (albeit a very minor one) is that the gorge is a little high. But it’s offset by the low buttoning point.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really liking Stoffa's F/W stuff. Don't think I could wear this at work but love it. Still...

Anyone wear a lot of Stoffa? I assume it's worth the money?

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I'm making my first trip to NYC in a long while, and will be making the following menswear stops for potential MTM commissions:

1. RL - Purple label starts at $2650
2. Armoury - $3,700ish for 100 series.
3. Paul Stuart - Phineas Cole starts at $2600 minus 15% off promotion for the month.

Can anybody comment on the quality of the MTM programs in the above stores?

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really liking Stoffa's F/W stuff. Don't think I could wear this at work but love it. Still...

It’s really not. At least not for me.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They’re all different aesthetic, what do you actually like?
Hey everybody,

I'm making my first trip to NYC in a long while, and will be making the following menswear stops for potential MTM commissions:

3. Paul Stuart - Phineas Cole starts at $2600 minus 15% off promotion for the month.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

People that like them really like them. I have a pair of basketweave canvas slacks from them that was part of their RTW collection for Mr. Porter and I like them.

I think their initial appeal was that you could get a pair of MTM trousers for ~$250. That and Agyesh presents a breezy, monochromatic style that people like to envision themselves wearing. As they've expanded to RTW in the last two years I think some of the high-touch aspects that were present with trunk shows and the like have disappeared (based on forum gossip), and undoubtedly their manufacturing has changed. And they're more expensive, although probably situated about right if you look at the market.

Early on there were a lot of issues with shrinkage, so much that they had this thing where you would wear the pants up until the first cleaning, have them (dry)cleaned and then come back to have them lengthened to make up for the shrinkage. They kept extra material in the hem for this very reason. Not sure if this is still and issue or not, but mine have lasted a few drycleanings so far.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They’re all different aesthetic, what do you actually like?

RLPL and PS both have a nice English esthetic, and a great range of cloths, which is what I'm going for. I like the RLPL 'Kent' model, and the Coleman model from PS.

The Armoury 100 series is a bit different, but again, some good customization options.

I guess what I'm really asking is whether anybody can confirm (based on their own experiences) that any of the above brands have a good MTM program (i.e. know how to take proper measurements, good customer service if there are problems, etc...).

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I guess what I'm really asking is whether anybody can confirm (based on their own experiences) that any of the above brands have a good MTM program (i.e. know how to take proper measurements, good customer service if there are problems, etc...).

I can give general feedback on The Armoury's MTM program (not the 100 Series; specifically, Ring Jacket, and Orazio Luciano)

The gents at The Amoury know how to take measurements, adjust for posture, etc. They have excellent customer service, and I've never encountered any problems (other than anxiously awaiting finished product after ordering) In all seriousness, the turnaround time for RJ, and Orazio have both been pretty timely.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not really answer your question…

If my memory is right Kent is quite slim and short not really English

Coleman is bigger lapel lower button point, clean shoulder no roping, more “English” but definitely not your standard English?

no idea about 100, but I thought it was suppose to replace Mode 1 (the more structured stuff) so I guess more English

though do you really need MTM, if MTO works might as well save a few hundred dollars. And given how cheap RTW can be had these days I just can’t see myself spend that much MTM

Like at this point you’re only getting different fabric vs RTW if things fit you?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeeandthelostboys