• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh and go to the RJ thread to ask around there are none Armoury model that’s also more Armoury Model 3 like (ie definitely not 184), can probably find them on yahoo Japan for decent deal, then you can use whatever proxy you like (I use buyee because it’s more integrated even though kind poorly)

emptym

Reaction score
I love woveninthebone on Instagram, a Scottish woman weaver's account. This post shows the physical exercise involved:

And this comment made me think about how much I (and probably we) take for granted the labor involved in the cloth we buy:
@twobluejays I usually try to weave in hour long blocks with a half hour to an hour between for coffee/lunch/tea/winding pirns. Mostly in afternoon and evening. All going well that’s 4metres. But that doesn’t include winding pirns or the amazing long list of other things that’s involved that nobody thinks about… sourcing parts, buying stationary, emails, ordering yarn, packing, post office etc! If you look at it as what I produce in a year… even if I said only worked 40hrs a week it works out about 0.57m an hour!!! 😳

An hour of peddling, etc., for a half meter, and that doesn't count the labor of the spinners, shepherds, etc.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love woveninthebone on Instagram, a Scottish woman weaver's account. This post shows the physical exercise involved:

And this comment made me think about how much I (and probably we) take for granted the labor involved in the cloth we buy:

An hour of peddling, etc., for a half meter, and that doesn't count the labor of the spinners, shepherds, etc.

Yup. Makes it doubly depressing when you see people complain about prices of goods made at this level. Triply so when you see fashion high street brands charging even more for sweatshop plastic.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I consistently love Weizhi's style. He's wearing a basic outfit on paper, but it all comes together with the baggy cords. I really disliked this look 6 months ago, but now I love it.

This fit is genuinely horrible.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped posting at AskAndy after 10 years. Was a great run, but was just depressing to log in at this point. SF has changed a lot too after 10 years, but it isn't a dead horse yet.

I still google clothing subjects and find old threads; it seems like the forum was great from 2006-2010, which was before my time.

I recall a new guy DM'ing me that said the forum is just the same 6 guys talking about O'Connell's.

I like my dusty trad clothing, but there is only so much to say about O'Connell's.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stopped posting at AskAndy after 10 years. Was a great run, but was just depressing to log in at this point. SF has changed a lot too after 10 years, but it isn't a dead horse yet.

I still google clothing subjects and find old threads; it seems like the forum was great from 2006-2010, which was before my time.

I recall a new guy DM'ing me that said the forum is just the same 6 guys talking about O'Connell's.

I like my dusty trad clothing, but there is only so much to say about O'Connell's.
A lot of the SF action migrated over to the CEsspool. To me, SF was great for clothing content up through about 2014-2015. After that, it seemed like the CM clothing side started tapering off.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of the SF action migrated over to the CEsspool. To me, SF was great for clothing content up through about 2014-2015. After that, it seemed like the CM clothing side started tapering off.
Interesting. I went there a couple times and got a headache, so I left.

I only recently started visiting the SWD forum, because I apparently took the name at face value for years. I thought it was literally just denim and streetwear.

There's a thread on tailoring (less fussy than CM side), repro workwear, glasses, and discussions about baggy pants.

I saw a lot of that stuff as CM or CM-adjacent beforehand.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I only recently started visiting the SWD forum, because I apparently took the name at face value for years. I thought it was literally just denim and streetwear.

There's a thread on tailoring (less fussy than CM side), repro workwear, glasses, and discussions about baggy pants.

Better to stay away from CE. Just a bunch of southerners and Texans obsessively talking about setbacks and Waffle House gloryholes.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is about the only CM thread I still hang out in. Playing in CE is fun at the moment but it's the same 10 or so dudes al posting similar stuff in each thread.

The watch thread is interesting at least.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads