• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DWW

Click Subscriptions, top right of the page, next to the Search box. Then click Edit My Subscriptions under the heading My Subscriptions. Then you should see a list of all the threads you're subsribed to (you may have to wait for a second for the thread list to appear). To the right of each thread title you see a Remove option.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or, after you've posted in a thread you don't want to subscribe to, click the yellow star 'Subscribed' button at the top or the buttom of the page (while still in the thread) and get the option to unsubscribe right there.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hm, I'm not getting a red X. I just get the thread title and a preview of the first post on that thread.
While I have people's ears, does anyone know how to properly manage the "follow user" subscription feature? There are some users here I find particularly helpful, so I've "followed" them. However, it's not clear to me how I can see their posts on one page. I can only see a list of users I "follow."

yeah, the red x only appears if you have actually subscribed to a thread. same for the option that NOBD gave above, that only works to remove threads that you have subscribed to.

when you subscribe to a thread, you can get notifications in one way or another, depending on your preferences, every time there is a new post. and you can view them in a list, like NOBD pointed out. transmod is the only thread i subscribe too.

the my posts section on your profile page, is only, as you said, threads you posted in, most recent listed first. to the best of my knowledge, there is no way to remove threads from that list. the threads you stop posting in just get bumped down and out out of sight, eventually.

so is my impression.

i dont follow anyone, so i would also be interested to know how that works.

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

DWW
Click Subscriptions, top right of the page, next to the Search box. Then click Edit My Subscriptions under the heading My Subscriptions. Then you should see a list of all the threads you're subsribed to (you may have to wait for a second for the thread list to appear). To the right of each thread title you see a Remove option.

yeah, the red x only appears if you have actually subscribed to a thread. same for the option that NOBD gave above, that only works to remove threads that you have subscribed to.
when you subscribe to a thread, you can get notifications in one way or another, depending on your preferences, every time there is a new post. and you can view them in a list, like NOBD pointed out. transmod is the only thread i subscribe too.
the my posts section on your profile page, is only, as you said, threads you posted in, most recent listed first. to the best of my knowledge, there is no way to remove threads from that list. the threads you stop posting in just get bumped down and out out of sight, eventually.
so is my impression.
i dont follow anyone, so i would also be interested to know how that works.

Actually, I think NOBD's suggestion worked perfectly. (Thanks NOBD). I've rarely clicked "subscribe" to any thread. My "subscriptions" are all to the threads I've commented on. NOBD's suggestion seems to allow me to delete the ones I don't want notifications on.

Kaplan's suggestion is also really good. Will use that from now on.

Thanks, everyone.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you mean you were getting notifications to threads you were not subscribed to, but only had posted in? did you check your account details, maybe your account is set to get notifications when threads you posted in are replied to, or when you are quoted. btw, i dont do that. would be very annoying.

anyhow, glad you worked it out.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Was listening to this documentary on bluegrass while working right now. 43 minutes in, one of the guys starts singing. Had to do a double take on the lyrics. :wow:

His explanation though is hilarious. One for the records.

Last edited:

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may have just not read something then said something foolish and am replacing it with this. No one will ever know.

(I may or may not have been on a Ralph Stanley kick all weekend.)

Last edited:

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Trying to teach someone how to tie a bow tie is infuriating. You'd think an old sailor would be better with knots!

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Big ups to Derek for making The Times. Interesting article to be sure. And always glad to see someone in a men's clothing article not be a total slave to the hashtag set.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Big ups to Derek for making The Times. Interesting article to be sure. And always glad to see someone in a men's clothing article not be a total slave to the hashtag set.

Four fat caps up, Derek.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When is Luxe Swap going to sell 187 Hudda and Conart shirts?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

When is Luxe Swap going to sell 187 Hudda and Conart shirts?

:lol:

My ConArt haul arrives in the spring. Im still updating the transfer of my VideoGraf VHS-DVD. BTW, I did a few posts on tumblr last week just for you - put up some Taki 183, Dondi, etc. Dont know if you saw.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
very cool. thanks for the link, bourbon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads