• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MC General Chat

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You get invited to a presidential campaign press conference at the four seasons. What do you wear?
An oversized Brioni with taped necktie?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im thinking camp collar resort shirt and cargo shorts. To blend in with the crowd in the adult entertainment neighbour.
MGN_1280x960_00623P00-OMWCC-e1598901360607.jpg

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wtf is Four Seasons Total Landscaping
I suspect some junior staffer either screwed up or intentionally set up Fruity G. Anyway, best discussed elsewhere, eh?

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking at some Sid Mashburn belts. Would bridle leather be a more casual option compared to calfskin? I'd assume so from looking at them, but thought I'd ask. I kind of like the darker tone of the bridle more, but I'm looking for a dress belt

c1062685_1.jpg

Calfskin

s003624a.jpg

Bridle

Nobilis Animus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking at some Sid Mashburn belts. Would bridle leather be a more casual option compared to calfskin? I'd assume so from looking at them, but thought I'd ask. I kind of like the darker tone of the bridle more, but I'm looking for a dress belt

View attachment 1493170
Calfskin

View attachment 1493171
Bridle

For a suit, the calfskin is better. The bridle belt is also nice, but the extra chunkiness of the leather will be noticeable when worn.

Dress belts are one of those things which really gain from being made of supple, but thin leathers like crocodile, calf, etc. The heftier ones are better for casual trousers.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drakes latest, grey chalkstripe, pretty standard affair

1. half canvass
2. 15% nylon (might not necessarily be a bad thing, just a bit surprised, not sure what benefit does nylon add here, this is not unusual texture I assume, or maybe alpaca is scratchy??)

jacket - $1.4k

pants - $0.5k

can't see how they stay competitive with this

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drakes latest, grey chalkstripe, pretty standard affair

1. half canvass
2. 15% nylon (might not necessarily be a bad thing, just a bit surprised, not sure what benefit does nylon add here, this is not unusual texture I assume, or maybe alpaca is scratchy??)

jacket - $1.4k

pants - $0.5k

can't see how they stay competitive with this
Yeah, I mentioned that on the Drake’s thread before I unfollowed it (again). Drake’s now has a serious “Emperor’s New Clothes” vibe for me. Everyone is obligated to love their stuff simply because it’s Drake’s? I dropped some coin there this past summer on linen shirts and some other stuff but their tailoring options remain somewhat laughable to me.

I keyed right in on the two F/W suits as they looked interesting but laughed at the fabric and exorbitant price. I suspect we’ll see that stuff at their next big sale.

Oh, well. Rapidly losing interest in them.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do they still have functional sleeve button? I never bother with them in the first place because of that
No idea. I’m starting to mentally treat Drake’s like I ended up treating Brooks Brothers. Iconic and with lots of good stuff but I need to cherry-pick carefully as quality varies. That and now just wait for the sale when in doubt.

Sigh.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads