• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's quality! Also comes in a Cotten Linen Crill but the Wool version is the one.

malcb33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How similar is it to the miners jacket? Patch pockets vs pockets flaps of course, but weight and cut wise?

Last edited:

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weight of the fabric is heavy but is not as heavy as the miners jacket (100% wool). I can't really comment on the cut compared to the miners as I don't own one; I can it's generous fitting as it's designed to be worn as an overshirt.

www.margarethowell.co.uk has the shirt lisited under both Shirts and Jackets on their website. The weathers just starting to get cold here so I'll be able to see how it fairs over the next couple of weeks.

Some good photos of the miners here:

http://www.endclothing.com/gb/mhl-by-margaret-howell-wool-miners-jacket-mhjk0021-dn.html

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a couple of Saddle Crews yesterday from UNIQLO and have to say for the money (£19.90) they are dam fantastic.

They are 100% lambswool so not quite as soft as MH cashmere/wool mix, but they are completely wearable - the bottle green is a particularly nice colour; also got the mid blue.

They are TTS.

http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/173221

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Barney's warehouse has decent deals on a couple of MH knits. Linen and wool blend and a cotton + cashmere blend.

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the washed wool version is what I ordered. Only the MH store has the flannel navy version. It's not that they're difficult to buy from the MH site, but that they never go on sale, and all the NA stockists charge a ridiculous markup. Needsupply has the charcoal flannel for $700, which is insane.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They will go on Sale in January 2017 at the MH store and MH online store. Yes some garments they carry over, but I would not expect these to be carried over. You should expect a discount of around 30%, sometimes it can be a lttle more, but I would not expect it be moe than 40%. If you are in the US or anywhere else outside of the EU you can get the VAT removed which is like another 17% off the retail price.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barneys have some MH on Sale, including those wool trousers for $299 - but only a size Medium left.

The overshirt and duffle are not included in the Sale, but as they look great let's post up some pictures :)

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up the MHL pocket cardigan in navy from End during the Black Friday sale.
Super soft wool with a bit of stretch that drapes well. Not too thick so that layering becomes a problem.
Went TTS and the fit is slouchy with broad shoulders and a bit on the longer side without simply looking too big.
Quality feels nice. Not amazing and I can imagine that the button holes will stretch, but it will def be enough for regular wear. Overall good cardigan in that cosy grandpa style.

Fits me just a bit larger than this:

However, since I own so much navy I am debating whether I should return and get the sage green instead:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads